• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Idol

The Grebe

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whose going? I'd say that Chris Sleigh (sp) is gone...either him or that Haley?

She doesn't have to worry, she's so danged pretty, someone will cash in on those star quality looks. On the other hand, with Chris, I don't know?

I hope to see Sanjaya gone, but I think that he has way too many 12 year old fans that use the power of texting to keep him around. I have been totally hooked on this show the past few years, but for some reason I feel that the talent this year isn't at all comparable to years past. I used to set my watch (not literally) to when it would be on, but this year I don't seem to mind if i miss it.

CA

Chrisn had a bad night right along with Haley. Haley has had some very good weeks and I believe should stay.

Sany will get past this week as the internet is buzzing about keeping the terrible singer alive. He may have not been the worst last night but boy he needs to go.

I wonder how far the fan base can grow to keep him in there. The hair was a new gig to get him another week. Probably will and Simon will lay an egg.

This year's Idol is a complete farce. The talent pool is WEAK and Sanjaya is making a mockery of what little credibility there was to the idea that its a singing contest. It clearly isn't that anymore (if it ever was)...

I'd like Haley to stay around as long as possible, just because she's easiest on the eyes and the show is a joke anyway!!!

Quote:

This year's Idol is a complete farce. The talent pool is WEAK and Sanjaya is making a mockery of what little credibility there was to the idea that its a singing contest. It clearly isn't that anymore (if it ever was)...

I'd like Haley to stay around as long as possible, just because she's very easy on the eyes!!!

I hear you on both of those comments. They say that some insane amount of viewers watch this show. I heard a number of like 30 million (is that possible) Anyways, I don't think that people should be able to vote more than once. I know that it ends up being a popularity contest, but I am sure that if people only were allowed one vote each, you would see a little more even playing field when it comes to talent. Otherwise you get certain "FANATICS" that dont give up and we end up seeing guys like Sanjaya week after week. Theres my .02

CA

You got that right, see is very easy on the eyes! Showing off those gams last week didn't hurt her chances either, nor did the Shania Twain little black dress she had on last night! She may get the hook, but her career has been launched!

You guys are gonna hate me for this, but I didn't think that Sanjayas performance last night was bad at all?

Had a he11 of a weird hairdo, but hey, his performance was better then last week and he was for sure better then Chris, who left tonight.

That kid thought he was his sister, but he seems to be comming out of his shell and getting some identity...a little light on his feet maybe, but hey, he's a kid in a big time deal and he seems to be steppin up?

I know, what can I say? frown.gif He should have never made it this far...but since he did, he has been commin on and like it or not, the kid does have some talent and he seems to be gettin better...of course, thats just one mans opinion.

Unless he pulls a rabbit out of the hat though, I expect he will be gone....after Haley and Phil.

smile.gif Yup, the kid does have talent...just to go on stage and pull it off with a hairdo like he had takes talent!

Granted he slipped through the cracks at first, but he hasn't come this far without being talented and he is definately learning on the fly?

At this top echlon he is getting better and more creative with each performance and some of the others are staying the same.

I've heard there is the bogus vote, I don't know how true that is, but even if it is, I don't think that is the only thing that has kept him in the competition to this point, it's his voice and ability to entertain.

Weither you like it or not, the kid has talent, the judges see it and the voting public (Less the cheater vote) see it to and if he keeps growing like he has been, don't be surprised to see him going even further then the next one to three weeks.

I dont know how much talent he has but all the girls vote for him. Every week something new as in last week the hair do. With the press giving him all the air that will carry him for only a few more weeks. As Simon say, I'll quit if he wins. He may have some talent but I can in no way see him winning or anything close. What they should have is 1 vote per household, but then he would have been gone long ago.

Maybe Iam missing something in him but I simply cannot see him going much further.

Only a few weeks ago when he was in the bottom three and they said who was going home he looked shocked. I really believe he thought he was.

Quote:

I dont know how much talent he has but all the girls vote for him.

Maybe Iam missing something in him but I simply cannot see him going much further.

I am right with ya Harvey. I think I am missing the same thing.

Here are three things that I have determined that Sanjaya has that will keep him in this competition for way longer than he should.

1. A fan based filled of 10-13 year old girls who have a crush on him and an unlimited texting plan on their cell phones.

2. A crazy enough appearence that causes shock value which keeps people voting to see what will happen next.

3. Getting more personal attention (whether positive or negative) than any other contestant which keeps his name at the tops of both the "Who should Go" and the "Who Should Stay" lists.

This is my main reason why he should go...

THIS AS A SINGING CONTEST, AND FRANKLY IMHO HE ISN'T A VERY GOOD SINGER.

Theres my .02

CA

i have satellite radio and listen to stern and he is pushing really hard to get sanjaya to win..there was even one guy that somehow set up a computer program and he supposedly voted around 50,000 times for sanjaya...if you heard sterns show and all the other buzz going on simons little comments would make more sense like when he said to sanjaya something along the lines like "i don't know what to say about your performance tonight but if THEY want you to win then"...i hate to say it but i think sanjaya will win american idol..not that it is fair but hardly anything about that show is fair if you really think about it.

Lee...Check out the article in the SOURCE section of todays paper....pretty much echoed what I've been saying about Sanj.

Theoretically, he should have been gone quite awhile back. It surprised me that he stayed when some of the others left, but between him and whomever it is that is guiding him, they sure are making the best of it....albeit with a little help from their friends.. (Howard Stern, etc.)

MP....Yup, there certainly is some unfair stuff on the Idol program, one being that they have the contestants sing in a group to early in the competition, before they are comfortable with the process.

There were a couple of the earlier contestants that seemed to have good pipes, but forgot the words to songs NOT of their choosing, or fumbled somewhat in their delivery of those same songs. In my opinion, the group thing should come a little later.

Earlier in the competition, there was a little blond girl that had a really excellent voice and both my wife and I thought that as the girl gained a little Idol experience and confidence, she would do well....during the group thing she forgot some words and it was adios...that didn't seem fair, as she did have an excellent singing voice?

This Sanjaya thing isn't fair, but it is what it is, kinda like the William Hung thing, it kinda takes on a life of it's own....but unlike W. Hung, Sanj does have a bit of singing talent and stage presence.

"It's Back!" grin.gif Three on the bottom for tonight...Phil, Sanjaya and Haley. Going home tomorrow, Phil.

Worst voice of the night, Sanjaya! Best performances of the night, Dolittle and Sanjaya.

Anyone else want to weigh in? Lee, anyone?

I dont think Sanj was any better than Phil but I will agree that Phil is probably done. Another new hair dew for Sanj for his little girl fans. He will move on again. Only 1-2 more weeks and we will say good bye to Sanj.

Lee..I agree. Sanjayas voice wasn't as good as Phils, but his performance was better.... Pretty soon it will be down to the heavy hitters only and unless he can come up with a prize winning vocal in the next couple of weeks, I don't think the performance, or the hairdos will carry the day?