• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Idol

The Grebe

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The freak show that is the American Idol early rounds is wearing thin. Just when you think it couldn't get any weirder, anymore embarrassing to watch, it does!

I don't know how many more of the basket cases I can stand to watch before seeing and hearing someone that has a shred of talent! "I don't know Angelo? They might be losing a viewer until an actual elimination round takes place?

Maybe they should rename the program to something like.."American Idol First Round Coverage...Weirdos On Parade."

Maybe I missed some of the previous years early rounds, or maybe I have some kind of memory loss, but I don't remember this many untalented weirdos trying out in years past?

Some yes and alot of untalented contestants, but this year it seems to be running about 50 to 1! Maybe they changed their format?

That woman with the huge gums and those little crappie looking teeth...showing a gob like that off on national television? It's kind of scary to know that they walk amongst us! shocked.gif

The show is nothing but glorified karaoke. If I wanted to waste my time watching and listening to a bunch of eaqr piercing sounds, I'd just watch the nighborhood's cats in heat. At least the cats don't inundate you with advertising and overused cliches.

I'm doen ranting wink.gif

I think that they have weeded out the strange and sometimes scary wanna be's and have the cast set for the elimination rounds.

Things should start getting a little better, I think they are weeding something like 170 contestants? I'm sure we are still gonna see some strange happenings, but probably not as strange as events leading up to the elimination.

The drama of who is staying and who is going, should start to increase with each week and we may even get some good singing intertainment out of it.

wow, after watching it tonight, i was about ready to puke. The people that were voted off tonight, were crazy. That last girl, that was let go, should have never been gone, and the last guy should have never been gone. That 17 year old is not that good. My .02

I can't believe Sundance was voted off, he was one of my favorites. Sanjaya should have been gone last week already. It was funny when Simon said "people must of had the sound turned off" when he was asked about the results.

Ya i know. I cant believe he was booted tonight. I thought forsure, that the young kid was gone. He should have been gone a long time ago. Simon is right, hes horrible in my eyes. Im rooting for Chris. Hes the Man. And i love Stephanie Edwards... smoking hot

How in the world can this Sanjaya kid be getting through? He is the worst I can ever remember on that show.

Antonella, well, I guess good looks and an uber hot physique can only carry a girl so far. I guess now she might have to fall back on that $250,000 offer from Girls Gone Wild huh???

I told my wife that Sanj. would go quite the distance because all the younger girls will vote him on. Little cutie with long flowing hair and they all go nuts for him. he cannot sing.

The girls side baffles me along with I believe everyone else.

Lee...Seems to me like Sanj. might be a little light on his feet? Is that what the young girls like now days? frown.gifgrin.gif

You know, I don't think that kid has a bad voice, but he has the stage presence of a stick! No personality? I know he's only like 17, maybe he's still trying to find his way?

That Sundance Head ( What kind of name is that?) his folks must have been Frank Zappa fans? Didn't Zappa name his kids something like "Motorhead" and Moon Unit"? Anyways, if he would have gotten rid of that Tele-Tubby hairdo he probably would have went a little further.

Sanj. will definately go next week....I think there is only one guy that has a chance...the remaining girls are good!

I heard a funny little tidbit today...a little hearsay if you will! Supposedly the voting routes through a call center in INDIA and that the votes might be miscounted on purpose!! blush.gif

Sanjia is Indian...right? Thats what I thought...hmmm should be interesting to hear more smile.gif

If he stays another week, then the vote count thing might be something to think about...if he stays two weeks, it's definately something to start wondering about and after that, it's time to storm the bastilles!

There is a HSOforum called votefortheworst.

It is very popular with college students. They pick what they think is the worst singer, and then try and flood the lines with votes for that person. It was a big reason why Kellie Pickler hung around so long last year. It is a pretty funny site, actually.

Howard Stern reportedly was talking about the site a few days ago, and that probably helped their numbers a bunch.