• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

if you had a choice?

mossoak

I had the choice. I couldn't get past the Can Am frame design and all that I have read about it. I also had a hard time with the floorboard supports.

If I was riding sand dunes, it may have been a different story. The riding I do, I am not intentionally abusing my machine, but it will take some hits and get high-centered once and a while. I didn't like the lack of metal under the machine on the Outlander.

I really wanted the rotax...

Whoops. Got a reply deleted for putting a link in it...

If you type in "800 sportsman versus Outlander" in your search window, there is a pretty decent review that should pop up. If you can't find it, let me know.

The Cam am would be a better trail machine but the polaris is better for utility work and rough terrain. The Can am frame looks nice but is actually fairly weak compared to the other manufactures and more than a few have cracked and broke. From what I've heard the sportsman x2 rides better than the regular sportsmans. I've had an '02 sportsman 500 and an '05 sportsman 700 and they both rode excelllent. I would post an atv forum here that talks about this but it would get deleted.