• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappie /sunnie bite

oil painter

Just out of curiousity does anyone pay attention to barometer pressure?I Have noticed over to many years to list that the pannies go crazy under low pressure, wondering if any one else pays any notice or not!Always had best bite most numbers under 30 on the scale It has gotten to the point where unless Im fishin low pressure I dont want to waste my time. Am I wrong? During summer bite I only fish warm fronts,storms etc.... Any thoughts ???

I always felt fish were like you and I, they eat every day! Well, in fact I did try to keep track of barometric pressure and success, but soon gave up because my chances of fishing on a set pressure would be too limited. Now I pattern fish tendencies (location primarily), and once I find them I can usually find something that works to catch some of them. Had a Great Uncle that lived by barometric pressure, when the baro. was falling under 30, and, or, the minnows in the bucket were active he would go fishing. If the minnows were grouped up on the bottom, would not go fishing.

I personally think barometric pressure is just one of many factors of when to fish, but I really haven't kept track to see if there is a noticable difference. I've had great days on high and low pressure days. Had a great bite today with pressure over 30.