• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX1 gain setting

opsirc

Question

was up at LOW and URL this past weekend with a friend who took his marcum LX1 with him. He had to turn the gain knob all the way up to be able to see anything. I recall some one else also having the same problem, but do not remember what the solution was. His unit is about three years old. Any ideas.

thanks

O

3 answers to this question

Quote:

was up at LOW and URL this past weekend with a friend who took his marcum LX1 with him. He had to turn the gain knob all the way up to be able to see anything. I recall some one else also having the same problem, but do not remember what the solution was. His unit is about three years old. Any ideas.

thanks

O

Could be an indicator the battery is going but could be possibly that the transducer is having issues . I have seen this with some bad transducers .Talking to Marcum will be a good step to take after making sure your battery is good .

TD

I have the LX1 that's had the same issues. It was a bad transducer. Actually, twice in my case and I'm working on my third. It's a bad transducer if you have to crank your gain all the way up. If it's interference, you will see "spinnning lines" similar to tv or radio static. I fished with my dad and his Vex this weekend. His Vex worked flawlessly, while my Marcum picked up the static so bad that I couldn't use it. It almost seems that too much power can sometimes be a bad thing.