• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
CALVINIST

do trout in stocked lakes bite at night?

Not sure.

i think you can only fish for them 1/2hr before sunrise and 1/2hr after sunset.

On a good day if ya get there by sunrise you should be limited out by noon.

I believe regs state from an hour before sunrise till 11pm. So that implies they bite at night, just not sure.

On heavily pressured lakes and streams, or lakes with very clear water where trout are suspect to pretators, Browns will sometimes become almost completely nocturnal. I know of lakes where you can catch rainbows all day, but never see a brown until the sun goes down.

there was a good article in an old infisherman last year about browns at night,they said thats the best time to fish for them and they were getting 20+ pound fish

Browns are known to be good night feeders. In most of our stocked lakes up north, it's bows, brooks, and splake, none of which are known to be much for nite biters. We've kept lines out from the campsite while sitting around the campfire (till 11, of course) and never had much luck. Never hurts to try though.

lines from the campsite probally won't do much good at night. it seems that most nocternal browns are feeding towards the surface. We do a lot of flyfishing for browns at night up here in the rivers and it seems that they like either streamers fished right below the surface or big loud surface flies. I've tried other techniques, but the majority of the fish have come up top.

The lines from the campsite aren't for browns...they're for brooks and bows. We don't camp on the couple lakes up there they put browns in.

all i was saying is my only successful night fishing has been for browns, we've fished for rainbows at night and never done very well. It's still fun to try though. You never know. laugh.gif

i have done well after dark on some lakes for rainbows and splake. We used slip bobbers from shore and set them 2-4 feet with worms on the hook. The biggest rainbows i ever caught out of this lake were after dark o yeah use lighted bobbers.