• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cross Bay, Cedar Lake, Manito ba

Can anyone provide me with moderately recent info on Cross Bay/Cedar Lake in Manitoba? We're heading up there in early June, and would like to hear a bit more than what I read in lodge/tourism brochures.

Thanks in Advance....

Cedar Lake is now the forebay of a large hydroelectric project constructed in the early 1960s. It is a large body of clear, cold water with thousands of miles of shoreline, islands, reefs, flooded areas. It has monster northerns and walleyes. You won't be disappointed.

I make 7 to 8 trips a year to Cedar Lake Manitoba. I have a camper there at Moak Lodge. Fishing is awesome if the wind doesn't blow you off. Normally in mid june the Eyes move into the river in town so if it's windy you can always drift the river. Walleye are plentiful and limits are taken in an hour or two. The Lake is Big and has many reefs , Islands and Bays so fishing for Pike is great to. Pike stage in the shallow bays early in the year and tend to hang close to them or in the main channel all summer.

Need any more info I would be glad to help.

mike

Mike, thanks for the reply...Haven't been on the forum much since I posted....We're leaving for Moak campground next Friday 6/8/07 grin.gif, so I'm counting the hours. Couple of questions for you: Is Manitoba still barb-less? I've got a good array of tackle (my wife snorts at that comment), daredevils, five-o-diamonds, doctor spoons, steel leaders, etc....Any specific suggestions on other lures/spoons or such? Thanks for the reply. We get into Moak campground Saturday 6/9 after an overnight on the way up. I'll be the bald fat guy with the party of 6 in a pair of Alumacrafts from Minnesota.....

Remember, an angler who tells you everthing you want to know will lie about other things, too!!

I have been researching this area as well. Can you pinch the barbs down or do you need to buy barbless hooks?

How many resorts are there up there? Where is Moak on the bay? East side, west side, etc? Do they have a harbor? Boy, any info you could share would be fantastic. We have a couple of father/son teams that have been going to Ontario for 20 years and are looking for a new place to try.

Talker....just curious as to how you faired on your trip? I have been thinking about giving this lake a try for a long time now. I'd love to get into some of those bigger gators. How was your stay at Moak Lodge? Is it affordable for a guy who has to watch his budget?