• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Catmendo

Another Manitoba Fishing Paradise...

The dates are set, the destination has been established, now we just have to remain calm until the 29th of March rolls around! I along with eleven others have recently secured reservations at Peterson's Reed Lake Resort. Located seven hours drive north of the City of Winnipeg, Reed Lake is notorious for trophy lake trout and gators.

Although lakers will be the groups main focus, I think it will be hard if not imposible to overlook the lakes pike fishery. Reed is loaded with the critters and they grow to mamoth proportions! Last year some friends of mine headed up to Peterson's (late March) for some gator hunting....the end results were absolutely incredible! Six guys, twenty six trophy pike later, with the largest measuring a mind blowing fifty two inches equals one hell 'ava trip!

In the mean or until March 29th rolls around, I guess we'll just have to keep ourselves occupied by pursuing trophy 'eyes on Lake Winnipeg! wink.gif

I have fished Reed dozens of times on soft water and cannot tell you how jealous I am you are going there in the winter! You will have to give us an updated on how trip goes for you.

I'll be more than happy to post a report (pic's included) at the conclusion of this potentially incredible trip! It's important to note that there will be a total of twelve hard core's on this trip and each and everyone is as keen if not more keen than I am about the prospects! The fact that some of the guys hale from the U.S. and the rest are Canucks we thought it would be appropriate to give the excursion a name. It will be known as the "Can-Am laker & gator express"! Clearly I can see this one developing quickly into an annual event!

This is what's awaiting us. Whited out the faces because I didn't ask my buds if I could post their photos. Anyway, it's the fish that matter.

ReedLakeNorthern.jpg

ReedLakeMasterlaker.jpg

Cat - did you make this trip - how was fishing. Cold, Ice heaves, lots of snow??????

We made the trip indeed. The laker bite was really tough with only 5 being caught in 2 hard days of fishing. The northerns came through for part of our group with several over the magic 40 inches being caught....longest was 44. A great trip none the less. Snow and slush could've been better but I've seen it plenty worse. Looks like we're going again in 2008.