• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
leechpouter

Banking House and Re-Drilling Holes

Any ideas on banking around a permanent house. Seeing as there is almost no snow on the lake, what do you guys do? Also my double bladed auger jumps around when I try to re-drill my holes. I have to take a chisel most of the time to open them back up. Any ideas here to help.. Thanks for the help

When there is no snow I just drill a lot of holes and use the slush from them to bank it. The auger jumping around not sure about I have a Jiffy and it opens them just like drilling a new hole.

This weekend, I used my 4 wheeler trailer, hooked it up to the 4 wheeler and ran to shore. Then I shovled up some snow and trailered it back to my house.

You do what you gotta do to bank the house, It can be a pain. As far as re-drilling, I think the key is to drill as vertical as possible each time.

Walleyedan

Does your auger have a center point? My old Strikemaster Lazer bit (with 2 blades) did not have a center point and I bounced all over the fishhouse trying to reopen holes. Bought a new bit with the center point and reopening is a breeze now.

As far as banking goes, I usually drill a bunch of holes and use the slush to bank things up. That works when there is no snow around.

Concerning re-drilling holes, buy a strikemaster. grin.gif