• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bears in the superbowl??

james_walleye

How can the Bears lose? I mean they are the best team ever!!! ever, ever ever! Whats the bet Windy? I mean I'll toss out the Avatar for ywo weeks option... if the Bears win the SB I'll switch my avatar to whatever Bears releated avatar you want and if the Bears lose you have to switch your avatar to something I come up with.... we on??? or are ya not so sure of Da Bears? wink.gif

Anything can happen, and I feel they have a good chance to take the NFC. I am however gonna stick with one of my previous posts and say I don't think Da Bears will take the Super Bowl this year. I got the Saints over the Bears 24-16.

Last years bowl was lame. If this years superbowl includes the bears, this one will be even worse. Like i said, bears fans are the only people in this country hoping they win. No one else wants too see them in the bowl.

PS There is virtually no chance in my mind that this bears team will win it all. There is no way they are winning 3 games in a row against these upper level opponents.

Quote:

Buzz,

Right now the NFC is a 6.5 point dog for the big dance. Can I get 6 of those points on my beloved, LOL

Windy

WOW, you actually expect them to beat a team that was 3-13 last year at home? C'mon, the bears can't be that good can they? Are we on? shocked.gif

WHOA! WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

Is this the same Windy aksing (sic) for points that just a few weeks ago lambasted someone else for aksing (sic) for points?

Your true colors are showing now Windy.

Patoooey.....I spit on your request to Buzz....and double-dare you to take the avatar bet with him....and for our bet, let's poney up a nice Cass fish-fry at let's say, Commanche's place someday????

Previous Windy Quotes:

Fishy,

You must be reading something that isn't there because I never bet the spreads. Spreads are for the weak and wimpy. I believe any team can beat another on any given Sunday and if I am a true fan of my team I am believing they are going to win, not just cover the spread. I guess if my team was playing the Bears and they were a 14 point dog I should get all giggly and wet myself if they manage to come within the spread? Nonsense me boy. If you are going to root for your team then root for them, if you are going to bet your team then bet your team. Leave the spreads for the halftime buffet!!! Windy

See Geno,

You get my point right? I think in baseball bets the games are winner take all but they mess with the payouts. Like when my beloved White Sox were playing the hapless Astros in the World Series you could bet a $100 on the Sox but if they won you would only win $175 back but if you bet on the Astros and they won (like that would ever happen) you would win something like $325. You see, that's why I don't bet that stuff, it makes my brain hurt. I like the straight up action. That's why the only game I play in Vegas, Illinois or Minnesota is live poker, Texas Hold Em. The house takes a rake out of each pot and it is you against 9 other players, mano y mano. No point spread, no line, no handicapping, the only way to play.

Windy

Now Windy. I realize that you realize the humor in your request for points, but some day you are going to squish your manhood jumping back and forth over the fences here.

This kind of woman like fickle behavior has to be against one of the man laws. Doesn't it?

Blah ha ha... dang Windy, your getting called out! I can't imagine Windy passing on my avatar bet.... I mean, the Bears are a lock right?! Kinda like the White Sox at the beginning of the 2006 season... OUCH!!

Buzz,

I know the others were salivating too hard (with the exception of Fishy, cudos Fishy for sniffing it out) to "read" the humor in my post, but I thought you would have picked up on it, especially with the LOL added at the end of it. Like my hero, Mr. Limbaugh, I was illustrating absurdity by being absurd. Come on Buzz, you are the master at sniffing out subtle humor when it is being slung (is that a word, just "ax-ing").

Anywho, what is the offer on the table, for the record?

Windy

Geno,

Stop it man, your foot is caught in the "Bear" trap and you don't even realize it. It was a joke, get it? Fishy picked up on it, what is wrong with you and Buzz? I thought you would get it right off the bat. Both your "sniffers" must be working overtime on a Saintly upset brewing here in the Windy city to fail to sniff out my humor. Tsk Tsk Tsk

Windy

I picked up on it, I just brushed over it. grin.gif The bet is if the Bears win the Super Bowl, I Buzzsaw the loser of all of my past avatar bets will have to change my avatar to your choice and keep it for two weeks, if, I mean when the Bears don't win the Super Bowl, you'll have to change your avatar for two years, I mean two weeks to the avatar of my choice. You only post on the sports area's here so everybody will know why your avatar is whack, me on the other hand post in alot of other area's and will have some 'splainin' (as you'd say) to do. grin.gifwink.gif