• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What does it cost to mount a big crappie?

sparky88

He posted it was 17"s... I've only personally seen (2) at 17" in my life... nice fish!

my best are: one at 16 1/8" (white crappie - terrible mount... do your homework!) and a couple at 15 3/4" (never mounted them confused.gif) have to keep trying to get one (or two) that size again to get a nice mount done.

Good Luck!

Ken

Quote:

Anybody have any pics? I am fishing a "secret" lake this coming weekend that is known for 15+ inchers. I may be in the market for a taxidermist real soon, fingers crossed!

My father in-law is a taxidermist bring me with you and I will see what I can do for ya grin.gif

Honestly I am not exactly sure what the rules are for posting a business but you can email me for the info at [email protected] He is located in Prior Lake

Quote:

17 inches, wow
shocked.gifshocked.gif

i have gotten a few in my life in the 15.5 range but not 17. Thats my new goal.

I once saw three 17"ers caught on the same day by the same guy. I kid you not. Biggest muthas I ever seen. They didn't look real they were so big.

Matter of fact, it was on a lake not too far from you, and one you would ever guess had fish that size. Of course this was about 20 years ago........true story though.

I caught one on New Years weekend, just shy of 14.5 and over 2 pounds and getting it mounted. My taxidermist estimated it around 125 without driftwood. I might wait a bit though. Trying to get a 15-16 yet this year so I can get a double mount on drift wood. That would be cool.

Hey sparky we must fish the same place. When I'm in Luverne we always have to go to a certain place that we get these HUGE crappies. Our biggest yet was just under 17.5", and that number has grown every year for the past three. The first big one we caught we laughed at because it looked deformed, unreal, and barely fit up an 8" hole, it must be all that fertilizer run-off. It's like miracle-gro for crappies. How big will they be THIS year is said everytime we go. Water as small as that won't take long to be fished out if word is out. Truly a great fish worthy of mounting and we've considered it ourselves but remember catch and release is crucial to these minute bodies of water. For us a pic and a laugh about where we got it is worth a lot!!