• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleyes of 2007

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Thanks for the information insurance guy. Please don't think I was questioning your practices of catch and release. It's merely nice to hear how other states handle their regulations. I consider it good conversation. And, I already said nice lookin' fish, so we should be covered.
smirk.gif

Your welcome. Everybody can probably think of some ways their fish and game departments could handle regulations differently but it's certainly good to see what other states are doing in regards to the same species for perspective sake if nothing else.

Quote:

Isnt it amazing how many people still think those chubbys are a joke?

Shhhhhhhh! Just let people keep thinking that wink.gif They're the same guys who think Nilsmaster augers aren't any better than a Jiffy or that having a flasher doesn't make a difference in the numbers of fish you catch crazy.gif I have also had great success catching walleyes on chubby's out here in NY since they first came out and I have to laugh when I hear someone say they don't work and they're too expensive grin.gif Nice walleyes you guys!!!! We finally have some safe ice on our walleye lakes and this weekend will be our first crack at some walleyes on the hardwater in 2007 and you better believe I'll have a chubby darter on to start the show!!!

Man I hope you guys are right about those Chubby Darters. I am heading back to Mille Lacs this weekend for those piggies and all the good stuff I hear about them I had to pick some up today. I was definetly one of those guys that looked at them and said there's no way those work that good, especially for how much they cost. If it helps me get the big ones it'll all be worth it.

Lake of the woods has been HOT to say the least. The last day of 2006 I landed a 29 1/2 incher. The next day we made the trip to Garden Island (my first). UNBELIEVABLE. I cannot believe the quality and quanity. Believe it or not this is how it went between 4 of us. 30", 28 1/2", 28", 2-26" and at least 10 over 22". Plus a very nice limit of slot walleyes. Came up short on saugers but who cares. YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS TRIP SOMETIME IN YOUR LIFE. I have GPS coordinates so shoot me an email.

[email protected]

My buddy and I tied into some real nice fish while renting a sleeper house from River Bend on Lake of the Woods.

A very solid 25.5" walleye by my buddy.

255inchcv1.jpg

A stocky 28" walleye I got Friday night. wink.gif

28inchqj7.jpg

And tying my personal best on length, but definitely the heaviest fish I've ever caught, a 29.5" brute I caught Friday morning. cool.gif

295inchkw5.jpg

All these fish were CPR'd.