• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Saugers, where are they found?

Boss Hogg

Yepper there are gobs of them in the Red, they run on the small side with a good one every ten or twelve or 20 or so. Good fall run of em too when they're behind them Emeralds. Bigieroth as for taste......The Red is a way turbid/muddy river and both the Walleyes and Saugers out of there have a rather different taste than the fish out of the LOTW thats for sure. Out of the LOTW most folks can't tell an eye from a saug once fried nice and golden.

fiskyknut

As for the taste of them from the Red I don't remember what they tasted like, but I have swam in the Red once before. You feel like you're swimming in an overclorinated pool with all the farm chemicals that are in their. That might explain my third arm......

rainy lake has a healthy population of saugers there are also quite a few saugeyes a hybrid walleye sauger species. the sauger and saugeye are usually smaller and slimmer with blotchs of silver and black. the sauger doesn't have the white spot at the bottom tip of the tail that the walleye has. as far as were the can be caught, in my experience they like current but anywere walleyes are there is a chance of saugers as well.