• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV battery problem

mnhunter2

Question

Left the key on when I put the blade on the 4 wheeler and that was 2 wks ago and the battery is dead, it will start if I jump it and there is power from the battery charger but it is dead when you unhook any other source of power like the battery is shot could it just be frozen do I have any chance of getting it back in good shape?

1 answer to this question

If it was dead that long and out in the cold temps the past few days it more than likely is frozen. When they freeze it can warp and crack the plates inside the battery. You can remove it and warm it slowly and then charge it, but after this type of episode they rarely come back and last for any great length of time. Cant hurt to try!