• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New LX3-tc...SIMULATOR DOESN'T WORK :(

Polar Bear

I don't think that's a 'feature' on that model, unless they rigged it up on floor models for sales purposes. My LX-3 had the tc upgrade performed on it and it doesn't have any simulator, either.

Whenevever I want to see something like that, I need to go fishin'. DRAT! smirk.gif

schweady, I'm looking at the instructions now, they say if I hold down the Zoom buttton while starting up the simulator mode will begin. The unit I got was not a rebuilt or a show special, it was a sealed box with original packaging.

I think its against policy to offer advertised deals on these units. They are "price protected". Ask the sales staff what discount they are offering and you might be pleasantly surprised.

I can't figure out why the instruction manual tells about the simulator if it isnt offered on this model.

The Marcum LX-3tc does have the simulator. Unfortunately not all the units have it. I don't know why but some didn't get it but most did. I guess you will just have to go fishing to see the awesome features. wink.gif

Polar Bear:

Here's a shot in the dark -- Does your dial face say "LX-3tc" or just "LX-3"? Maybe Marcum took some of their LX-3 units, performed the tc upgrade, and reboxed them with LX-3tc instruction manuals that mistakenly refer to a simulator option... ???

Like others have already said, your "problem" can be cured by cutting a hole in the ice. grin.gif

Schweady, thanks for the replies but I thought of checking that already. Yep, it definitely says LX3-tc right on the dial, the box and also the owners manual. I guess Bob Horn is probably right...some have the sim and some don't. Its not really a big deal but I was just curious.