• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

should i be worried???

mustangt69

a buddy of mine was at the lake today and he saw a 2 4 wheelers circling my fish house (very close) after dark. He thought it was just the dnr cuz they were out checking but then he saw the 4 wheelers load up into a big white moving van. is this something i should be worried about as far as maybe someone scoping out my house for something to steal?

i am one of the most paranoid people when it comes to stuff like that. like when i was a kid and id hear a noise at night i would have a baseball bat in my room or my daisy in the closet and i would always go to check it out. if it were me, i would be worried, but thats me and thats how i roll.

I had someone stick a wonder bar through my door trying to get the clasp loose last year and they stole everything out of the fish house next to mine shocked.gif. I would find out who they are and ask them some questions. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck

Quote:

If you don't mind, can I ask what they were doing. Just doesn't sound like something the DNR would do.

I have seen the DNR do just that many times on Vermilion.

They are checking for the owners name, then they GPS the spot and return after the house is removed. If there is any garbage or other junk on that site, the owner will get a citation in the mail! tongue.gif

Cliff

Hey, that's great if the DNR are able to send citations out for litter left at the shanty site. It's too bad they don't have an efficient system like that in the open water seasons. Tired of seeing the trash washed up on the banks, it seems especially bad on the rivers these days.

Its been years since me and some friends had a permanent house we'd leave on the ice but when we did we'd leave it open and take everything with us. It was a little more time consuming each time but we saw too many houses getting robbed and stuff stolen.

Glad to hear it was just the DNR poking around though. I think its great that people on here can keep an eye out and post susicious activity. Anything to keep the bad seeds under control is always helpful.

What a GREAT job, my DREAM job. I would love to be a DNR agent. I don't know about sufficient proof of a person leaving garbage behind to stand up in court if a person were to fight a citation. Kinda like stoplight cameras-someone runs a stop light and gets a ticket in the mail based on their license plate #- well, people have been known to borrow their car out to people from time to time, and I would have to say prove it was ME running that light. People do loan out their house and/or move them before seasons up, someone else can plop theirs where mine was.