• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappies this spring?

fishingdad

I know it is a long way off but I have a question for the crappie insiders out there. If you could and most likely will fish anywhere this spring (open water) for some good hopefully great crappie fishing where would you go and when? I am going to take my 6 and 8 year old kids with me for 3-4 day crappie fishing excursion and I am looking for some opinions. I know upper red is one good option but my only concern is if it gets windy there is nowhere to hide. My boat can definently handle the wind but my kids can't. Thanks for the insight. Has anyone done the crappie thing on vermilion b/4 the walleye opener?

Check the DNR site for two lakes northeast of litchfield Richerdson & Dunns lakes.It's close for you,Not many people fishing,But for Kids it's loaded with crappies,lots a smallones but lots a real nice fish,BRING LOTS A BAIT!!Now Words out I wont be a solo fisher any more Good Luck

whitefish chain- north of brainerd......alot of areas to get out of the wind and alot of areas for the crappies to spawn in.....went last year and it was a blast......