• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
SXViper

Jiffy 2 HP 9" Stealth STX

HI,

I am interested in purchasing this auger. I would really like to from people that are running this same auger. The biggest question I have is do you think the 9" is too big for the 2 horse? I really only want input on this auger as I really dont need a new auger, but I am interested in this model and I dont want to be disappointed if I purchase it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

2 horse is plenty for 9", I have one, just not a Jiffy brand. My first auger was a Jiffy 3 hp 10" Stealth auger and it was way to heavy. I will never own a 3hp again, or a Jiffy for that matter.

I've got a 1.8 hp eskimo on a 8" auger. I think it works very good. Will do 12" of ice in seconds, plus its light. smile.gif

I have the exact auger you are speaking of and you wont be disappointed. It cuts like a champ and starts everytime. I would put it up against any auger out there for speed and ease and durability. Its one thing to be able to cut a hole fast in one on one scenario, but how about 25 holes in a row back to back in 18-24" ice. this auger gets the job done!!! Iceman out>

I just picked up a new 8" stealth 2hp, it cuts good actually to good, the blades seem to bite off more than the clutch can handle. My old 3hp would bog down when the blade bit off more than it could handle or when redrilling old holes, the 2hp still revs up and the clutch slips, it feel like the thing is going to rattle apart,

I have had the exact same one for 4 Years. It is plenty of HP. My buddy has the strikemaster lazer. that cuts faster but is heavier and more$. If I was going to do it over I might go that route because weight is not an issue for me.

It has been a decent auger. I like having a bigger hole and dont have to pull my vexilar cord out every time vs a 8 inch hole. If speed isnt a issue and you want a bigger hole this ones for you.

I bought a 2 H.P. Jiffy Stealth STX this year and I love that machine!! I cuts really fast, reopens holes like nobodys business, and is really light. I have given it a real rigorous test so far this year as I have drilled hundreds of holes with it in below zero weather and I fish everyday. You won't be disappointed with it. I would definately get the 9".

Justin

The 9" 2hp is the perfect combination. I have a 6 year old Jiffy in this combination and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Go ahead and pull the trigger.

Thank you for all your input guys. I am going to pick up my new auger on Saturday. I am sure I wont be disappointed.

Thanks

Brian

Side question for Jiffy auger people. Can the 2hp ice house handles work on the 3hp model? The Jiffy web site does not list it as a option and no responce from Jiffy people with this question. I was looking to downsize in bulk to fit better in the sled, but the 2 & 3hp use the same handle except for the throttle assembly. Thanks: George

If your not going for lakers or huge toothy critters I would go for the 8". I have the 9" on my 2hp Stealth and plan on buying the 8" drill to go along with my 6" and 9" drills. The 8" is plenty big enough, however the 9" is nice for opening old 8" holes. The Jiffy Stealth really rips through the ice and the blades can easily be re-sharpened with a diamond hone or stone.

The hard house handle will only work with the model 70s, Jiffy just sent me a handle for my stealth model 79 2hp. 10 dollars to my door, can't beat that.