• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy 2 HP 9" Stealth STX

SXViper

HI,

I am interested in purchasing this auger. I would really like to from people that are running this same auger. The biggest question I have is do you think the 9" is too big for the 2 horse? I really only want input on this auger as I really dont need a new auger, but I am interested in this model and I dont want to be disappointed if I purchase it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

I have the exact auger you are speaking of and you wont be disappointed. It cuts like a champ and starts everytime. I would put it up against any auger out there for speed and ease and durability. Its one thing to be able to cut a hole fast in one on one scenario, but how about 25 holes in a row back to back in 18-24" ice. this auger gets the job done!!! Iceman out>

I just picked up a new 8" stealth 2hp, it cuts good actually to good, the blades seem to bite off more than the clutch can handle. My old 3hp would bog down when the blade bit off more than it could handle or when redrilling old holes, the 2hp still revs up and the clutch slips, it feel like the thing is going to rattle apart,

I have had the exact same one for 4 Years. It is plenty of HP. My buddy has the strikemaster lazer. that cuts faster but is heavier and more$. If I was going to do it over I might go that route because weight is not an issue for me.

I bought a 2 H.P. Jiffy Stealth STX this year and I love that machine!! I cuts really fast, reopens holes like nobodys business, and is really light. I have given it a real rigorous test so far this year as I have drilled hundreds of holes with it in below zero weather and I fish everyday. You won't be disappointed with it. I would definately get the 9".

Justin

Side question for Jiffy auger people. Can the 2hp ice house handles work on the 3hp model? The Jiffy web site does not list it as a option and no responce from Jiffy people with this question. I was looking to downsize in bulk to fit better in the sled, but the 2 & 3hp use the same handle except for the throttle assembly. Thanks: George

If your not going for lakers or huge toothy critters I would go for the 8". I have the 9" on my 2hp Stealth and plan on buying the 8" drill to go along with my 6" and 9" drills. The 8" is plenty big enough, however the 9" is nice for opening old 8" holes. The Jiffy Stealth really rips through the ice and the blades can easily be re-sharpened with a diamond hone or stone.