• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone using a Shaffer drop away rest?

esox49

Just was wondering if anyone is using a Shaffer drop away rest and if you are, what are the pros and cons of it? I am currently using a whisker bisquit, but am looking to upgrade to a drop away.

I made the same switch last year and have absoluetly no regrets. The schaffer drop away is a nice solid rest and like any drop away results in a bit tighter overall accuracy (in my opinion) Its also very quiet and holds/captures the arrow really well.

I have no complaints about mine. It holds the arrow well and if you put on the prong sleeves you can't even hear the arrow when you draw. One of the best on the market. Very quiet at the shot as well.

It is probably our best selling rest.

I would have to agree...I have had zero problems with my Shaffer TEC rest. I think that for the money, you are getting a well designed piece of equipment. Not only that, but what other high end archery product can you buy, and if you have questions about it, you can call him at the shop, or stop in and talk to him in person?

Schaffer makes bomb proof products. It's all I'll use on my stuff. I'm not a big fan of drop away rests however. I strive for the fewest moving parts, and it doesn't take a genius to tune an arrow without a drop away rest, even with heavy helical fletching. The biggest reason for drop away's is wanting to use small diameter carbon. Since I prefer ACC's or the old Matrix arrows there is no problem.