• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Minnesota 2007 Seasons Announced

The tentative opening dates for the 2007 Minnesota hunting seasons are,

as follows:

SMALL GAME

Sept. 15 - General small game opener, including grouse gray partridge,

rabbits and squirrels

Oct. 13 - Pheasant

Oct. 20 - Prairie chicken opener

April 18 - Spring wild turkey (first season)

Oct. 17-21 - Fall wild turkey (first season)

Oct. 24-28 - Fall wild turkey (second season)

BIG GAME

Sept. 1 - Bear

Sept. 15 - Deer - archery

Nov. 3 - Deer - firearms

Nov. 24 - Deer - muzzleloader

Sept. 29 - Moose - northeast zone

FURBEARERS

Oct. 20 - Fox, raccoon badger, opossum

Oct. 27 (north and south)- Mink, muskrat, beaver, otter

Nov. 24 - Fisher, marten, bobcat

MIGRATORY BIRDS

Sept. 29 (tentative) - Waterfowl

Sept. 1 (tentative) - Early Canada goose

Sept. 1 - Mourning doves

Sept. 22-23 - Take A Kid Hunting Weekend

Sept. 1 - Rails, snipe

Sept. 22 (tentative)- Woodcock

March 1-31; July 15-Oct. 15 - Crow

The waterfowl season opener will not be finalized until the U.S. Fish

and Wildlife Service publishes proposed migratory bird hunting

frameworks this summer. Additional details on season lengths, quotas and

bag limits will be announced this summer, after the 2007 seasons are

finalized.

Man deer opener the 3rd I know that is the earliest it can be but that is so darn early I think. The good part is I am done hunt and can still make all the weeks of hunt in ND 4 solid weeks of deer hunting it is pretty nice to do that.

Good to know the seasons..I plan on a making a trip back to minne for some deer this coming rifle season. Maybe a earlier start to the season will be a blessing!!

The Minnesota gun season is easy to figure out. It's set in law as the Saturday closest to Nov. 6th.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• In about 8 hours, my friend, my son, and I will be headed to southwestern Montana chasing elk and mule deer for the rest of the month.  It's my 15 yr old first hunt out west.  To say we are jacked is an understatement!!  We went up to our friends house on Sunday and loaded all our equipment in the trailer we are bringing out.  The last 3 days have slowed way down, trying to get everything at worked wrapped up, my son getting all his homework together and rehashing our plans over and over. Did we forget anything, do we need anything new? We went out last year as rookies and had unbelievable success, yes we are rifle hunting- but for 5 rookies to go 4 for 5 on elk with one very nice 6x6 being taken all on public land with no guides our pride and confidence was running high all year.  The scenery and hanging out with a great group of people by far exceeded the success we had.  This year we plan on learning much more about the area- I will say the locals in our area were so helpful.  Giving us tips, and areas to check out definitely put us ahead of our experience.  I have been looking over maps for the last month, but with some fires in the area earlier this year- we wont have a good idea of exactly where we will start until our first scouting session tomorrow afternoon. I ran into a sow and cub grizzly last year on opening morning and then had a brief encounter with a big boar a few days later. With all of the maulings and sightings being reported this year- Bears have been on my mind all fall.  I've talked repeatedly about this with my son and what we will do if any encounter would happen.  Hopefully if we see any, it will be at a great distance and we can sit back and admire those beautiful beasts of the mountain. Success is judged in many different ways to each of us, knowing I get to spend 14 days with my son in the mountains, I believe we already succeeded this trip, and the rest of it will just be gravy on top. He worked his tail off this summer saving money for the trip and keeping his grades to talk and As all fall.  We made a deal with him that he needs to be invested in both school and work to be able to go.  He's definitely learned over the last few months the value of hard work. He was so proud of himself saving his money being able to buy anything he wanted for the trip. He asked me last night how much money he needed to bring. I told him your done spending your money and he said- Dad I'm happy to chip in, you do everything for me. I can help out where need be.  Can you guess how that made me react?  7 1/2 hours to go! Montana 2018- Here we come!  
    • you tell em moose!    I hardly ever use the zoom on my 18 but I do use the low power once in a while. 
    • I think Parise has been great this year, like his old self,  one of the few bright spots during a slow start. Liking Greenway more and more, he isn't producing yet but he looked good last night, really starting to use his size out there. Need to see more out of Coyle and Nino. 
    • I still run my fl8 that I bought in 1996. I don’t need zoom and I have watched many friends with the new fancy locators not see fish under the ice. Not me I catch em. No stinking updates for my fl 8 and my fl 8 has fallen down the stairs more times then me. It still runs I had new brushes put in after I fell on it and smashed the casing. O yeah i fished all day with the smashed casing let’s see the new units do that. It’s fixedand runs perfect. Never notice the noise you guys are talking about as I am to busy catching fish!
    • Does that come with ear plugs to drown out all the noise?
    • Since there isn't a lot of covering ground I just don't need the last 30 seconds on a graph or a GPS map to know I've been sitting in the same spot for the last hour.  My phone is always on me when I need to move and I run navionics.  Half the year I'm in my truck when I'm on the move anyway.  If I'm on a dogsled in the bwca I have a handheld.   I'll stick to the flasher.   I upgraded to a bigger screen with the bird, but I just dont need a ton of features that really only make sense on a moving boat.   Just my two cents.
    • Graphs are nice for fishing in a boat for sure.  They show you the nice big history picture of what has already gone by and gives you a good view of what the changing bottom depths look like as you float around.  Really though, when your fishing in a little hole over the same bottom for an hour or all day. What’s the point?  The important part of a graph for ice fishing is that ¼” or so of edge on the far right and what is happening on it real time.  Which then, is just like a Flasher only giving you real time info and why I went back to one from my graph.   Worley Worley!  😉  
    • Good luck on your hunt, let us know how you do!