• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishermann222

Minnesota Trappers Association

http://www.mntrappers.com/

I talked to a moderator to get this link approved. I think it is important for all you who are trapping and not members, and even those who would like to see trapping stick around to join the MTA.

There is a current legal battle going on, that the MTA is fighting. By joining the MTA you will be helping the cause. You can also donate money just to the legal defense fund. I believe they are accepting dried pelts as a donation as well.

Go the the site and read about it. If the Minnesota trappers loose this lawsuit it will affect trapping in Minnesota and other states will soon follow.

Remember once these groups take trappers rights away they will begin attacking hunting rights and then fishing rights. Remember it is better to stand together as sportsmen than to not worry about these lawsuits. The only way we can win is by Unity.

If donations of dried pelts are still being accepted I will post an addy of where they can be mailed too.

fisherman22 I agree, everyone thats a trapper should join....My grandfather was the very first president of the MTA and is a member of the Hall of Fame....it is a great organization that has done alot of fighting for the rights of trappers.

Thanks for the info fishermann222. It looks as if the MTA president does a monthly report on the lawsuits status.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Hello from the NW Angle!

Minnesota walleye are being caught at a variety of depths with 24-27’ being the most consistent. Glow red with gold has been a hot combo this week. Rattle baits continue to draw active fish to our houses. Sauger activity has been very strong, providing Anglers the opportunity for full limits before new regulations take effect on March 1st. New limit regulations give a combination of six walleye/sauger with no more than 4 walleye. The slot of 19.5”-28 must be immediately release with one walleye over 28’ to be allowed in possession.

Canadian crappies are still filling buckets and freezers, they can be found near the bottom in 32-35ft. Super light tackle and willingness to keep trying different jig combinations is producing the most fish.  Many tulibee are being seen this week, which make for a tasty treat out of the smoker.  Walleye fishing continues to be very good in traditional areas, depth at 23-28ft. 

Snow depth in our areas is between 2 and 2.5 ft. Trails are in great condition after last weeks snow and wind conditions. 

Until next week, 
      Sunset Lodge
    • I must be mad at math, honestly we just lost 4 in a row and weren't good before that and yet we cling to 8th place. We can't even tank right and get a better draft pick. 
    • Borsch posted a reminder in the st cloud forum, so I wont take credit for being johnny on the spot but in 13 days you'all need to get a new fishing license.
    • I put a call into the Wisconsin DNR, they said March 1st license will be available.
    • good for you guys leech!!  and a darn good lookin family too!!!  being blessed like that is darn good!!!
    • What do you mean they are still in a playoff spot. Come on think positive! At least wait until they get done playing the blues today before you start to sing the blues. 
    • Tried to purchase the D season Wisconsin tag i was drawn for yesterday. Clerk said try again at the end of March, any truth to that? I will call the Wisconsin DNR on Tuesday (holiday tomorrow).
    • Well put in a few miles with the grandkids and daughter by Orock MN on Sat.  Trails were pretty nice but there were lots of sleds out and I'm sure they will be pretty beat up by the end of the weekend! Little guys had a great time driving and riding in the sleigh. Hot chocolate and cookies are always a good ride break warmer! Fun day, God has blessed me well.    
    • Dale’s has been doing great