• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowfishing for Carp

maanjus11

It's been years since I last bowfished...and this spring I'm seriously thinking of getting back into it. Got all the gear, hate carp, and it's a lot of fun. I was wondering if some of you guys could give me an idea of a good place to try out. I'm from the Park Rapids/Menahga area and do most of my fishing there, but I live near the Forest Lake area. Thanks for the help.

I wish I could help you out. I just got into it last year. Lot's of fun. I mainly shot at a little pond/slough near my apartment. Nothing big, but good practice.

We've got a cabin on a lake teaming with big carp, so I can't wait for spring. We speared numerous 20+ pounders last year, so having a bow should make me even more deadly grin.gif

I do some shooting around DL, not too far away. Dead lake, Lida, Pelican, Ottertail. Check the DNR lakefinder site for lakes around you with carp. Also night bowfishing has been legalized for a limited number of lakes and shorter season if you want to try it at night.

Can a person bow hunt for carp out of a boat by standing on the bow and use the electric motor to move along the shoreline.

Just curious because I just bought a new bow and looking forward to doing alot of hunting with it. Deer, Turkey, and CARP.

I live by Willmar,Diamond lake off my dock is great largest last year 28 lbs.but I shot one twice that size a little far out and my arrow hit it bounced straight back at me I'd guess close to 50 lbs.In my younger years the creek that goes under hwy.61 from baldeagle lake was great spring run and some in summer.

I searched the Minnesota Legislature's site and couldn't find any info on this bill passing, I know during the last session they tried to pass a bill that allowed night bowfishing statewide but I followed the bill online and it never got passed the house. Does anyone have any information on this?

As I understand it, this issue doesnt take a legislative action but rather is a rule change handled by the DNR. It does however require the Gov's signature which is where it stands right now. The wheels seem to be turning pretty slow but hopefully this can be set in place soon so the rumors can be cleared up before spring.