• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buying guns.

End of the Line

Just wondering how many of you use online sites for shopping for guns. I am not talking about stores like Cabelas and using their site. Do you use them to actually purchase them or use them as a tool to find a value or price? I have bought some guns and scopes online and find it very hard to beat many of the prices I find online to any local store. I also find that my selection is much greater since I am usually shopping for used selections that are sometimes hard to come by anywhere else. Just curious as to your thoughts.

I use sites like Gunbroker, and GunsAmerica, and occasionally Auction Arms. Keep in mind that you have to have the guns then shipped to a FFL dealer in your area to pick it up. You almost always have to pay shipping, but generally no sales tax. I have found an FFL in my area that does my paperwork for $20 a gun. If its a scope, rings, bi-noculars etc... no FFL needed and you can have it shipped right to your door.

I used have used all of the sites mentioned! They are just like gun shows but you don't have to deal with the crowds and expense of driving all day to get there. You also can search for a specific gun and not have to look at thousands you have no interest in!

Also as mentioned make sure you have a FFL lined up before you buy! The sellers by law have to ship the gun to a FFL!

For the most part buying was a pleasurable experience but it is buyer beware as a few tend to over embellish there used guns!

Always ask lots of questions to be sure it is in the condition you are looking for!

I use those websites all the time. I have bought one gun from them, but it won't be the last. Having it shipped to an FFL dealer is a pain, but if you want a hard to find gun, thats where your going to find it. I had been looking for a stevens bolt action 20 gauge for a long time, I finally found one in decent condition down in Florida. After some phone calls and a credit card I got the gun shipped up here. You can barter online just as you would barter at a store. Most of the time its just a store that puts its guns online. I found it relatively painless.

Most of the time I use the web for gun parts, barrels, etc. Its like being at a gun show in your own house.

That said, I always use caution when dealing online. I make sure that I call. Often times I do a reverse lookup to make sure that the place is legit. Also look at feedback, most of these sights offer that now. I haven't seen the great prices that you are quoting. Most of the time after shipping, and registration, it costs real close to the same. Thats why I only use if for hard to find guns.