• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

had heart attack need recipes ASAP

A wonderful ally in your low fat-low sodium battle are the 2 boullion bases by a company called Herb-Ox. Every grocer has them in the dry broth mix aisle. The chicken is in a green box, the beef in red. They are no sodium, no fat, and can make a huge difference in the savory appeal in rice and mashed potatoes when you can't use buttter or salt. Pretty darn good stufff. A great cheap option to avoid everything tasting like cardboard and wallpaper paste.

I have high blood pressure so Morton Light Salt is a good alternative to "real salt". Splenda is a wonderful sugar alternative. I also use Enova oil since it metabolically stores less fat in your body. Kind of expensive though! Hope my .02 helps!

Lisa A.