• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canada fur auction

A buddy of mine just sold fur on a auction in canada, said that the fur prices up there are nuts! yotes with damage not mange were going from 40 to 50 and good ones were bringing up to 70? big coons were up to 30 rats were at 10 beaver was 40 for a nice one. They send them up in the mail and watch the auction over the net. kinda neat figured i would share. think i will be fedexing my yotes north

Western heavy graded yotes averaged 53.59 Top lot was 80 bucks

Eastern averaged 27.79 with top lot at 42 bucks

Semi-heavy averaged 23.79 top lot 42 bucks

Section III (damaged pelts) averaged 18.56

Rats eastern I averaged 8.29 Top lot 12.50

western I averaged 6.02 top lot 9.25

Section III 1.91

Beaver eastern I averaged 24.70 top lot 57

western I averaged 23.73 top lot was 45

Section III averaged 14.32

Auctions are not a bad way to go, but if the market falls off you can really loose alot. Alot of people have ALOT of otters sitting there when the market crashed last May.

Their next auction is in Feb. and that will be the big one. They have another one in May. Too late to get into the Feb. auction.