• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

frabill caboose

Maplebay

Sorry Maple bay I had to yank that, twas funny though! Your new here and first off welcome but you may want to review the forum policies eh.

Gonna move it to the ice page also as you'll get more response there than here on the LOTW regional forum....K? I am not familiar with that model at all myself.

Hope you slime it up good though!

fiskyknut

If you're talking about the arctic caboose, I have one. It is useful at times. As long as you can drive out on the ice, it is great. I'm heading up to Winnie tomorrow, and it is really good for this annual trip...it doesn't take up space in my truck, as it hooks on the back.

I can give a full review if you want...just be aware that it is not quite as mobile as a sled/flip style, but like I said, it is very useful in certain situations.

I was begining to think I was the only one in the world with one. There is one huge problem with them, you have to be able to drive you truck out onto the ice(unless you have an ATV with the 2" reciever). So for a guy that lives in the metro it makes it hard to use. Lets put it this way, I have been ice fishing about 15 times this year I haven't even taken it out of the bsmt yet. I bought it cheap so I don't regret buying it but a guy probably should own a sled style portable too. However I leave for URL in a week and it will be perfect to bring up there.

You're absolutely right about owning more than one portable with the Caboose. It is truly a situational house. I actually have three portables (see my related thread in the 'do you own more than one portable' thread).

I love the Caboose for our extended trips, when we stay at the resort. The Caboose can just stay hooked up to the truck all weekend, ready to go quickly, and doesn't take up space in the box.

It works great for that purpose. But I also have a small sled style and a Speed Shak, because there are times that those are better. Depends on how you do your fishing.

I bought one this past fall on closeout at Gander in Baxter. Haven't used it yet...but I do have it attached to my Kodiak 450.

I love the idea, as I hardly ever drive me truck onto any ice...but I have a couple of smaller houses for when(like this year) the ice hasn't been ready for an ATV.

Pretty much the only issue I can see it that, on an ATV, the hitch attachment sits pretty low to the ground.

Finaly got to use it this weekend we went to LOTW, I have to say I love it. It easy and quick and portable. allthow fishing was poor , and the weather was cold. It was nice to have something easy to set up. I have to agree with haveing more than one fishouse. With this one I have three portables and two sleepers. The other good thing about this one is you can leave it on your fourwheeler in the back of your pickup and still close the tailgate, if your have a long box pickup witch are rare these days. smile.gif

It sounds like we have all come to a consensus that it’s a nice house but you have to another one to use also. Now we just need to figure out how to explain to the wife that we need to buy another $400 portable house but she can’t buy another $200 purse.