• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who has more than one portable?

Powerstroke

I've got a 4X8 suit case style that comes in handy when I bring the kids. I also have an old one man Otter sled with an Otter skin on it.(from the dim time) I've got 2 Fish Traps. One is an old Fish Trap II(pre Pro era)that was used well and is still usable. And my current portable is a one man Fish Trap Pro.

So I guess that is 4 portables.

The 2 older one man portables will go up for sale in the near future, unless my boys express interest in either of them.

I had 3. Just sold my permanent so now I have a Voyager and a 4x6 that is homemade and 20+ years old. Maybe its time to upgrade that one?????? This is turning out to be a CI index like in Garage Logic. What would the appropriate number of house's be for a persons age???

I've had an Eskimo Quickflip III for about 3 years now, and I just picked up a Fishtrap Scout for Christmas this year. I love it! I don't think the Eskimo will be seeing the ice much anymore, unless I'm fishing with people that don't have their own house. That rarely happens anymore.

I have three portables and a permanent. Frabill Ultra-Light...used when it is just me or for early/late ice. I have a Speed Shak...probably my favorite for two people. Both of those are rigged up to be pulled with the ATV.

And I have an Arctic Caboose. I love that set up on our extended fishing trips, when we stay at the resorts. It can stay hooked up to the truck all week/weekend, is ready to go in a flash, and doesn't take up cargo space in the box. Hmmm...maybe what I really need is a bigger truck...

And while we're at it, I have two augers and two Vexilars, too.

Quote:

I have three portables and a permanent. Frabill Ultra-Light...used when it is just me or for early/late ice. I have a Speed Shak...probably my favorite for two people. Both of those are rigged up to be pulled with the ATV.

And I have an Arctic Caboose. I love that set up on our extended fishing trips, when we stay at the resorts. It can stay hooked up to the truck all week/weekend, is ready to go in a flash, and doesn't take up cargo space in the box. Hmmm...maybe what I really need is a bigger truck...

And while we're at it, I have two augers and two Vexilars, too.

What no underwater Camera shocked.gif

I have:

Otter Den - which I use when I am by myself. That thing is so light and easy to move.

Otter Lodge - I use this whenever I fish with somebody else. Its a little too big for just me.

I then have my permanent that I just set on URL.

I also have a Otter Cabin sled that I was thinking of buying the canvas for. But I am just not sure if I need another house. But it would be nice though, right? grin.gif

Last year at this time I didn't even have an ice house so I think I improved a little bit. wink.gif

I have an early model Fish Trap (1 Man) the one with the deeper sled and a shelf in the back. This works great for early ice and when you want the solitude of fishing alone.

How many others out there still have their "originals?"

I just purchased an Otter Lodge this year and I absolutely love the room.

I Don't use the Fish Trap as much any more, but am not about to get rid of it either.

CA

I'm a junkie. 4 flipovers: 1 trap pro, 1 trap voyager, 1 frabil solo, 1 frabil ultralite. 3 sleds: 1 Otter magnum (trying to resist the shelter) 2 frabil ice shuttles( used the most for run and gun). 2 augers and 2 marcums and an avquavue scout. Just as bad with open water and hunting stuff. Bad side to this is I have to rent a storage facility to store it all. Good side is anybody I fish with doesn't need a thing. I also walk into a sporting goods store and very seldom find anything I need to buy anymore.

Hey , whats the saying: He who dies with the most toys wins right? grin.gif

I have a Voyager as my main house.

But I also have some El-Cheapo version that I won at a Whitetail Unlimited Banquet that I use once in a while. It is made of that same material most people refer to as “Blue Tarp” material, not the warmest.

I am now looking for a smaller 1 or lets say 1-1/2 man house just for myself…

I have three different portable houses. All set up for spearing. There all different sizes. One is a one person, one is a two person, and one has two holes cut in it, on different ends for one person, which is me LOL. great time.

I think it's only natural to have at least two portables. Sounds like most people have one for going solo and one for company. It's a must, especailly when you have kids. I've got the Eskimo QuickFlip for myself and the Clam 5600 for visitors. Sure is nice to have the option Powerstroke.

I had 3 and a hardside but I sold my Otter resort to buy goose decoys which left me with the hardside, an Otter Den and a HT one man. I might use the Den this weekend, to keep the holes open longer, but normally I move to much and they become a hassle.