• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone know a good Window Saleman

chrismackmn

Just come to my house and answer the phone at supper time. There's usually a few of them calling us!!!! grin.gif

But seriously, I would talk to a few local contractors rather than those big window companies. Just my opinion.

I would reocommend Tollefson Bros. Exteriors. Their prices are excellent and you will get personal service and follow-up from one of the Tollefson brothers.

South - (952) 881-2218 / Central - (612) 861-0042 / North - (763) 537-0800

I used to get regular calls from a place in Hutchinson. I finally gave in and let the sales guy come to the house. After his pitch, we got down to the bottom line: "We start at $750 a hole." At the time, we had 12 holes. I told him to have a nice day.

Sometime after, I read an article in Family Handyman about upgrading existing windows with vinyl jambliners and new weatherstripping. With some research, I found there was a business in Minneapolis that performed this process. I took apart one window and dropped if off at the place to see if the process would work for me. It was pretty slick and I had the window back together in about 10 minutes. I took all the other windows out and had them processed at $45 each and it really tightened up my house plus I had tilt-in windows for easy cleaning. It was a nice selling feature when we put the house on the market, too.