• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do you choose a Canadian fishing destination?

Cobra ... I would agree with some of the other posts, Lac Seul is the place to go. We go every year, and take the wives with every other year. Lac Seul Lodge is my recommendation. No American Plan or meals, but Ear Falls is only 10 minutes away. Sometimes the women want to go to town (never happens with just the guys unless it's beer related!) Don't be intimidated by Lac Seul ... it's a big body of water, but there are always bays to fish and stay out of the wind. Never would I say you need a guide there! We go the 3rd week of June, and the eye's are HUNGRY! Bonus pike and smallies as well. Good luck with your search. grin.gif

Eric,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was on vacation where it was warm. Other than flying in to Rowan Lake at ice out for lakers, I have not camped in Ontario any where else. However, I see lots of people camping on different parts of Lake of the Woods in Sabaskong Bay and Miles Bay, where I mostly fish. I think that camping in Whitefish Bay is prohibited. In order to do so, you need to by a camping permit ( most bait shops and resorts sell these) for the approriate number of nights. There are lots of islands on Lake of the Woods with shore lunch/camping spots set up on them by the local guides. They tend to go "First come first served" though. If you do not know the lake it would be best to have someone that is familiar with the area show you a few spots on your first visit. Otherwise, you could/should arrange a weekend stay at an inexpensive resort, go fishing for a long weekend and scout future camping spots that can be marked on your GPS. The sponsor for this link, Pelican Landing, has some reasonable rates for weekend stays. Let me know if you need any more info.