• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua Vu Repair

spitz31

Question

I have the Aqua-Vu Scout 50 which unexplainably quit working. The battery is charged, power light comes on, all buttons light up, no defects in the cable, but there is no picture on the monitor nor if I hook up to a TV. I am passed the warranty on it, but have contacted Nature Vision to see what my options for repair are. Has anyone had a similar problem or have worked with the company to fix an Aqua Vu? I am skeptical that I'll get a response back and just thought I'd see what anyone else knows about it.

6 answers to this question

spitz31,

I live here in Brainerd where there built. Nature Vision has been very good to me on any problems that I have had old or new. If you don't seem to get anywhere via telephone then you may want to stop in in person and speak with them. If that isn't possible then contact Trevor or Corey and they should help you out. I'm not speaking for them but when I had some issues I brought it in to them and had it back the same day working like brand new. Good luck!!!

MR

My SV [PoorWordUsage]ed out last month. It was just over a year old so the waranty had expired and I couldnt find a receipt so I had no way to even prove that it was only a year old. They had me ship it to them and I had a new unit at my door in a matter of days; no charge. I would call back durring their business hours and try to get a live person on the horn.

Thanks for all the great advice. I should have specified that I only tried contacting Nature Vision through the HSOforum so I was unsure how often it was monitored. I will give them a call and see what they can do for me.

Spitz

Before sending it back, check the backside of the camera for a little switch that slides left to right, I believe from video to camera, switch that to camera, as they can move if you bump them while traveling. This happened to me last weekend, thought the camrera was shot, but the button had switched to video