• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sring Snow Goose SOUTH DOKATO

I'll make one more point and that's it-promise.

Bottom line is, there really isn't anything wrong with jump shooting..as long as you do it respectfully and ethically. I don't love it but.. it is legal afterall. However-in my opinion, that is why these birds are so leary and educated. They get shot at from the roads, ditches, water etc. for hundreds/thousands of miles. This makes them so wary and tough to hunt. And i stand firm on shooting them off water roosts. Small potholes-you decide. But large bodies of water holding thousands will produce good hunting for many parties.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumping into the fray...Jump shooters have a legal and effective way of shooting spring snows. Now if shooting birds sleeping on the water is "hunting", then leaving cripples too hard to retreive swimming around(including canadas, specks, and throw in a swan) and shooting at birds from the road is "hunting" please do not call your self a hunter. I hunt every spring and am disgraced by unethical hunters from every state. I have no problems with jump hunters, I repeat-- I have no problems with jump hunters if you follow the laws. Otherwise your lic# is the first thing I call into the TIP line, regardless of state. Too many people hide behind the fact that it is a conservation season-kill as many as you can. Get permission, follow the laws and shoot lots of geese. If you witness a law infraction call it in, if you don't you are just as guilty as the person committing the act.

just to add to the last post, IMO the unethical guys shouldn't automatically be lumped in with true hunters. Just because you wear camo, buy licenses, and shoot a gun, you haven't earned the term hunter. A hunter needs to have a little self respect by following the rules of the law and ethics.

You don't think that the perception of MN by ND residents plays a part in how I can get permission to access land? The way you talk, I highly doubt you even ask permission to get onto land. Its not the hunter that controls what land they can get on, its the landowners, and their perception of non-resident hunters is not a good one because of attitudes like yours. How many times have you heard a ND resident say something bad about blueplaters and its is simply because of where they are from. And it is not just your comments on here that are gonig to get out, it is your actions that you admit to taking. You are unethical and unsportsmanlike, and its embarassing to the rest of of from MN that do things ethically.

bend n send, maybe you should research what ethics are first, because they go above and beyond laws in many cases. Yes you can be a legal "hunter" and still be unethical. If a person doesn't see the common sense of it all then the lecture isn't worth it I guess. My rants aren't to sway the slobs out there, they are to help the new hunters and young guys understand what most guys see as good behavior. I give up on the slobs. Hopefully they aren't teaching new hunters as well and this fades away a little. With the non hunting eye on us more and more, crappy attitudes towards other hunters only hurts the sport as a whole.