• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's it Worth (Stratos 282 FS/ 175 Johnson)

go4carl

Question

I'm tossing around the idea of selling my boat, I love it and it has treated me well but is probably more boat than I need. How do I figure out how much it is worth?

[Note from admin: edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

10 answers to this question

Scouting....

Read for-sale ads in papers and those AutoShopper-type things for boat/RV/motorcycle, go to NADA (they have blue book for boats, I believe), browse around on the internet looking for other similar gear for sale, etc.

Of course, I have to throw out the old cliche - it's worth what someone is willing to pay regardless of what the book says.

I think alot of people can say the same thing as far as having "too much boat for thier needs". Been there done that. I find I can catch just as many fish out of my 16ter, as I could with my fancy boats I used to own. I've had more boats than any one man has deserved. I may not get to the spots as fast as others, but I know I spend less gas gettin' there. Plus, I can backroll with the best of them. I sure wish I had the money back I spent on these big buck boats. Good luck, Junky.....

Thanks for the HSOforum it kicked back a value around 9k, feels a little low, I'll have to watch this spring what others are going for I guess. I bought the boat in Georgia for fishing on Lake Lanier where I needed the horsepower, now I barely ever get a chance to open it up. I also have a 18 month old kid that I'm thinking about, I think I would feel safer with a deeper hull boat instead of the bass boat style. Unfortunately he has dads athletic ability, seems to fall alot! Any thoughts on what style is kid friendly?

Hey. That don't look like a tiller boat in your picture... wink.gif

Actually, I have a 16-ft boat and I wish I had something a bit bigger - it's a dual console with walk-through windshield. That setup is nice when the weather is not so good, but all that stuff does eat up a good percentage of space in a 16 footer.