• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey im RattleL from Minnesota, and all this fighting among South Dakotans and Minnesotans needs to stop. Us from Minnesota are the ones coming to your state buying the licsences the bait the food paying for the rooms we are keeping that Webster economy what it is, I know that a lot more people are coming to Minnesota to fish mille lacs or lake of the woods than the amount of people that are coming out to dakota to fish. We jsut all need to settle down nad appreciate the resource and not over harvest. Im all for pounding the fish day after day and love to eat fish as well, but only keep what you can use and do not waste this valuable resource that we have in the Glacial Lakes. Lets stop the childish fighting and jsut fish

---------

"I can sleep when I am dead lets go fishing"

Bad experience? Sorry if that is the case. I can't speak for everyone, but I have lived in both Minnesota and South Dakota, and have fished both states frequently - both as a resident and a non-resident. I have found most people in both states to be wecoming and friendly.

Every state seems to have a rival state, just like college football. Every state seems to blame their "rival" state for coming in and overharvesting. I think it is some peoples crutch for their own (in state) over harvesting. I have talked to Kansas anglers who blame Nebraska anglers for their own lake woes, Minnesotans blame Iowans, South Dakotans blame Minnesotans, etc, et al. It is just a game. The first guy had a good point. If you are one of those, then settle down, but Jarrod32 is more accurate. It does exist, but it is so few and far between that it shouldnt matter. Have fun and practice some good ethics. Remember, our kids are expecting us to leave some for them. Hope I didnt offend anyone here. This forum needs a little boost. I suppose you guys are all too busy ice fishing to get on line. Lucky (*&(*&'s!!!

rattlel, I live in minnesota. I guess when I was living in south dakota, I don't ever remember anyone going to minnesota to fish. And since I have lived in minnesota I can't figure out why people would want to fish in south dakota. There are so many lakes in minnesota that if you can't find some kind of decent fishing you might wan't to take up a different sport. Lake of the Woods is awesome and so is Upper Red lake. Those places are worth the drive. South Dakota was great 5 to 10 years ago. It still has great fishing but not worth my gas money when I can fish 10 mins from home. When I move back to south dakota you will not find me fishing minnesota anymore. The fishing is all about what you make it. If you get out on the lakes in minnesota, you will find fish if you put in a little effort. I guess what I am saying is that I think alot of south dakotans don't understand why minnesotans have to go there when they have 10,000 lakes at home. Hope I did'nt offend anyone. Just my 2 cents.

I grew up in Minnesota, lived in South Dakota for a while, then back in Minnesota, and now back in South Dakota again. I fish in both states, because I have friends in both states and enjoy fishing with them. My friends from Minnesota come out to South Dakota to fish (places like Oahe and Waubay) and I have taken my friends from SD to Minnesota to fish places like Mille Lacs and Big Winnie. Why not take advantage of the opportunity to fish all these great places?

Please don't make blanket assumptions of all non-resident sportsmen based on a few bad apples or a percieved attitude. If the people abide by the regs, and generally abide by common courtesy, what does it matter what state they happen to live in?

I would be one of your "outa staters". I live in Iowa and work in all surrounding states. I have fishing licences for Iowa, Minn., S.D., and Missouri. I have caught fish in all states. I have kept very few. Don't get me wrong, I've caught alot of fish. However I don't try and could'nt keep that many. I don't have any freezer space on the road. Plus I would like to come back and catch them again if I'm working in that area. Thank you all states. I just like to fish when I'm not working, especially on the road! Thanks again.