• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beat up H20

moby1

Question

Has anyone besides myself dropped the H20 with ugly results. Mine has fallen twice off the bench seat of my Frabill Ranger. The first time, about 1/4" of the whole left border of the screen disappeared and doesnt show anything. It never came back. It was annoying but usable. The second time, 2/3 of the screen disappeared and never came back. Unfortunately not under warranty and lowrance has a fee of something like $107 to fix the unit. WHAT TO DO? Hate to have a map chip and worthless unit.

2 answers to this question

Suck it up and send it in. In this case, oops(I mean double oops in your case)will cost you $107, but you'll have a new unit with a new warranty. Try to buy a new one for $107 - can't do it, canoe?

i feel your pain......I just bought the chip and was making a turn on a 4 wheeler and cracked my screen on the GPS. Called lowrance and they said i can send it in for $99 fix it fee.....i will eventually send it in i think but for the time being i will deal with a cracked screen.....the one thing they said when you send it in they update all the software and clean the unit out for you........