• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amsoil Interceptor

PikeBayCommanche

Question

Didn't get the right oil when I was up last week and used the Interceptor in the first tank of gas in the Auger this season. I didn't run it to much. Should I empty the tank when I use in again and get the Sabre Pro, or will it be ok to finish the tank??

I wouldn't think it is that big of a deal right?

7 answers to this question

I think the Interceptor is more intended for liquid cooled engines that have power valves - I've used it with great success in a Polaris 700 Edge-X snowmobile. The exhaust/power valves stay much cleaner than with Polaris VES(?) oil.

But, back to your question, not likely anything was damaged in a short term use, but I'd probably get something that is more appropriate to the use like Sabre Pro.

Hopefully an Amsoil expert will clear it all up if I botched it too badly.

You will not hurt your machine using the Interceptor, you just won't get the best performance. Interceptor is designed for power (exhaust) valve 2-stroke engines (air or water cooled).

If used in an air cooled pre-mix engine (most augers) don't use the Interceptor any leaner than 50-1.

I would recommend use your current tank down to nearly empty, then your next gas use the Saber Professional.

You can thank the government and emissions standards for all the confusion and the different types of 2-cycle lubes. AMSOIL has 5 different ones to give you the best performance in all machines. But there is a lot of 'cross-over' and most will give lubrication in most applications, you just aren't getting the best performance and lowest emissions.

You can order direct on line by going to my link below, then going on to the online store.

Edited to correct spellings.