• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please help, or at least read the story.

jpaulson

Two observations,the guy is willing to buy the the gear for a good price.But then the very last sentence he says "pretty good first post"when the side bar says he has posted atleast 8 prior posts.hummm?I'm not sayin,I'm just sayin ya know?c63 confused.gif

The first post in the thread is the first post he made. The number on the side is his total number of posts, and he has made 8 on this thread.

Really if all the stuff is covered by insurance then it doesn't matter, he doesn't need donation and then no one is being scammed. All is right with the world. Now that guy gets money to go buy all new stuff, poor guy I am sure he'll find a way to cope with it.

Hi everyone! My name is Kate...I am the wife of one of the men who went into open water with their 4-wheeler on North Center Lake in Chisago County on Saturday, January 6. This whole ordeal has been very overwhelming...My husband (the driver of the ATV)and I were married just over a year ago and are expecting our first child in 2 months. Imagine how I felt on Saturday morning when I recieved a call from the Chisago County Sheriff's Office stating that someone had reported a portable ice house floating in the water that was registered to my husband...I was terrified...Then, imagine how I felt when I recieved a second call stating that the men on the 4-wheeler were not found and that search crews were being contacted...I was terrified. I thought my husband and father-in-law were dead...

Thankfully, I recieved a third call saying they were alive and okay...Wet, cold, in shock, but okay...

However, though the story ends happily, there is one part that still saddens me...Someone stole all their fishing gear...2 Vexilars, a lantern, rods, tackle and rod bags...Even more heartbreaking, after 2 attempts by professionals to recover the 4-wheeler, it is still not recovered. Divers may be sent down this week...and even more so heartbreaking to me, the brand new auger that my husband just recieved for Christmas is gone as well...

I THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE READ THIS STORY AND WISHED MY HUSBAND AND FATHER-IN-LAW A GREAT RECOVERY, AS WELL AS FOR THOSE OF YOU KIND ENOUGH TO HAVE SENT DONATIONS...THANK YOU!...AS FOR THOSE WHO THINK THIS ORDEAL IS A SCAM, I CAN'T MAKE YOU BELIEVE THIS STORY...I CAN ONLY HOPE YOU'D BELIEVE.

Hi Kate. So when are you going to give him permission to go back out? grin.gif

I told him when he is ready but it should be when you both are ready. Make sure B keeps me updated 100%. I am in for buying him a pack or 2 of jigs he forgets to get.

Post count is total posts made on this site. Interesting that it was his first post to this site, Was and still is lacking information about the event. Friends name..Interesting that first mention of a scam was by another first time poster. All in all may be nothing but better to gather information before taking something read on the Internet as truth. Reminds me of last winter and the H/C individual who's shack was vandalized. Several people including many on here provide support and financial aid. Of course there was much more information and names made available. I should look up that thread and we should do a follow up on how that young man is doing this ice fishing season, Anyone remember his name?

TO BOBBY BASS...ANY INFORMATION YOU'D LIKE ABOUT THE ACCIDENT, I CAN GIVE TO YOU...I'M BRANDON'S WIFE (THE DRIVER OF THE ATV) AND CAN TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT. AS FOR MY FATHER-IN-LAW, DARRELL, HE WAS THE PASSENGER ON THE ATV...AND YOU ARE CORRECT...THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING...I DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO THESE FORUMS...I WAS JUST OUTRAGED THAT PEOPLE WOULD THINK THAT THIS ACCIDENT WAS A SCAM...BRANDON AND HIS FATHER DIDN'T ASK FOR DONATIONS OF ANY KIND...HIS GOOD FRIEND, JOSH, WAS BEING JUST THAT...A GOOD FRIEND...AND HE WAS THE ONE WHO CONSIDERED ASKING FOR DONATIONS OR INFO REGARDING THE THEFT OF THEIR PROPERTY...

THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE POSTED ANYTHING UNTIL ABOUT 20 MINUTES AGO...THAT'S WHEN I REGISTERED AND POSTED MY STORY!

Hi, I remember this from a week or 2 ago on the news!!Im 82 an also had a bad experience driving my Ford ranger out on the ice w/a 4 wheeler in the back. Funny how the news picked that up but never heard bout you mis fortunes??? I concur at this time with out more data it is a GOOD STORY!!

Wife, as moderator and prostaff of FishingMinnesota I am happy to hear that your family is going to pull through this. Be thankfull that they are alive and well.

Don't feel that you have to defend them. There is nothing to defend! It is horrible that your families gear was stolen. I hope you area able to recover as much as possible from your insurance.

To the rest of the members, if you feel this is a scam, think it.. There is no need to post it. My mother taught me the golden rule... "Do unto others as you would want done to you."..

Give people the benifit of the doubt, sometimes its best to hold your tongue and not stick your foot in it.

Thank you.

Quote:

ANY INFORMATION YOU'D LIKE ABOUT THE ACCIDENT, I CAN GIVE TO YOU...!

I didn't say it was a scam just quoting posts made here. More information is always better then leaving things up to speculation. Speaking for myself I am glad no one was hurt and material things can always be replaced. With a name and address I am sure many people here will be willing to help you, your husband and father in law out.

THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS...

AND I AM SORRY IF I BECAME DEFENSIVE...IT'S JUST PART OF THE HEALING PROCESS...I ALMOST LOST TWO PEOPLE WHOM I LOVE DEARLY...

THIS STORY IS TRUE...

I STILL HAVE MY DARLING HUSBAND WITH ME TODAY...

I AM THANKFUL...

THOSE ARE THE FACTS

(AS FOR THE GENTLEMAN THAT WROTE ABOUT HIS FORD GOING THROUGH THE ICE, THIS STORY DID NOT TAKE PLACE 2 WEEKS AGO...IT HAPPENED ON SATURDAY. I JUST WANTED TO CLARIFY SO PEOPLE READING THE STORY WOULDN'T BE CONFUSED! THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AS WELL!)

I dont imagine the news covers every story of people and vehicles going thru the ice,so its not a shock that this wasnt covered.Hope your family is all right and that this doesnt keep them from enjoying ice fishing trips in the future.Its a sober reminder to us all to use caution out there.Oh yea welcome to FM,dont let some skeptics that are out here taint your view of this HSOforum.There are alot of folks on here that care about their fellow fishermen and fisherwomen.

Quote:

With a name and address I am sure many people here will be willing to help you, your husband and father in law out.

REALLY???

You believe his "wife", even though the police havn't heard of it. You can believe that the bait shops around the lake have been contacted by now by posters and if any of them saw these guys or knew of this story we would have heard about it.

Jeeze, I'm not sure where I sit on this one, as a newbie I have not seen a thread grow this fast yet. The situations described here would have scared the H-E- double hockey sticks out of me if I had lived them, and I'm glad all were reported as being safe. The thing I see is the amazing offers of help by the folks on this site which makes me glad to be among you. Let's just wish all parties involved a better happier year ahead.

let me start out by saying IM GLAD EVERYONE IS OK and this should be a reminder to all of us. However i must agree that something dont add up, and maybe it is because of the shock that this family has gone through. But i still dont understand how the ATV was stolen but you continue to hire divers, maybe just in hopes that it sunk? second if the ATV was stolen how did the police know who to call about the missing rider, if it was stolen then they would have no way on knowing who to contact ( the license would leave with the wheeler). I guess i will leave it at that, befire i make anyone mad and bring forward other holes in the story and once again say IM GLAD EVERYONE IS ALRIGHT. Be safe everyone

ok....i forgot, the another thing is any water or ice in the state of minnesota is the responsibility of the local sheriffs department. so if anyone, which has been done, would like to check further on this story they should contact the sheriffs office, which denies knowing anything about it! That makes me wonder