• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cross Bay / Cedar Lake Manitoba?

Forum Folks,

I am trying to do some research on fishing Cross Bay which is a huge bay off Cedar lake west of Lake Winnepeg in Manitoba. Any ideas how to tap into information there?

Try Googling Grand Rapids Manitoba. There are only a couple of resorts/outfitters in that area. I haven't been there for about 20 yrs. Fishing was outstanding then. With light pressure I would think it would still be good. Good luck.

Old Sneller

Cove,

Don Lamont who wrote the article that Farmer provided in his post, has been a good friend of mine for many years. In fact he had told me about the massive walleye carcass that was discovered by the Lodge operator's son long before he published the story......if true that's one hell 'ava walleye!

The region is also a factory for huge pike, in fact there's a group of us heading up to Reed Lake in late March for trophy lakers, I would like to take an extra day and throw a few tip-ups at them! wink.gif

Are you interested in ice fishing this area or are you thinking open water? Either way it should be productive!

Thanks folks. Delieghted to get some reponses. I had a harder than usual time Googling up info on the area. I have a good friend who fished for two weeks up there early 2006 and put me up to it. Seemed like a fun idea, not too expensive nor too far from MN but a lot of expanse to cover and, I am told, a lot of dead heads / logs floating around.

YES THERE ARE A LOT OF LOGS AND IF THE WIND BLOWS HARD YOUR PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO FISH THAT DAY. BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS TRAILER 10 MILES TO FISHTHE RIVER BELOW THE DAM. I don't know where your staying but I would recomend moak lodge I have stayed there and at hobbs and moak just seems to appreciate your buis a little more. as far as fishing in june I believe you'll be able to find the eyes real close to camp. I've never been there in june before but there has been times for us that we had to run down to sugar island about 17 miles away. be carefull and get a rundown on where the shallow reefs are cause they are numerous. any thing else let me know

I went on a fishing trip to this lake in 1979. We took a native guide with a tug boat and went back around 80 miles in the lake. We fished for pike and it was great. 200 a day for sure. would like to go there again and try it out. What is a good time to fish it for pike? Thanks for any info

Roscoe, thanks for the reply. I have been learning that any time is OK for pike on Cedar Bay. The book would say they may be a little off feed really early on and I was worried about my trip dates, May 19 onward, but have been assured by folks that they will still be catchable and likely very shallow.

Bigtime, thanks for the reply. I am staying at Moak. Glad to hear your endorsement. I have indeed heard about the wind. It is a big lake. I do fish Lake Michigan and Mille Lacs a bit so know what the wind can do. I think you are suggesting can launch my boat on the river? I had heard of fishing the river but had not thought about fishing from a boat. That is great to hear.