• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vented lazer-heater?

lancer

Hello all,

Does anybody have any info on this style of heater for a permanent fish house? Years ago my friend purchased a vented lazer heater for his fish house that works great. The nice feature is that this unit can double as a cooker. The top plate on this heater is perfect for placing cookware. The only info I have have is that this unit was made by a company in St. Paul, MN and later purchased by strikemaster. They no longer seem to produce this unit.

If anyone has any info on this propane heater I would appreciate it.

Im not from cold country like you guys, but i would check with a rv dealer. If you wanted a small heater or 2 I have heard good things about the mr.heater little buddy. A small battery fan would probably double its heating effectiviness.

What kind of information are you looking for? I have one in my permanent and love it. I have not tried sleeping in it but if you do you may want to get a portable CO Detector just to be safe. I know they cook hotdogs real nice in a kettle. It is nice to have the exhaust vent out the roof. I got mine at Mill's a few years ago. I am heading to Strikemaster tomorrow morning so maybe I can ask some questions for you.

lancer, I had one of those in an old fish house. I believe I bought it at Fleet Farm. If memory serves, they are still produced in Minnesota. I just can't remember will. But I did get it at FF about 5 years ago.

fishinmedic

The lazer heater and the handi-heater were distributed by strike master until a few years ago. There were some quality control problems and they quit carrying them. They are now made and distributed by HT enterprises in Wisconsin. they advertise in Midwest Outdoors and you can get the number there. I have it at my office and if you email me at [email protected] I'll send it to you

Thank you all for the replies, the one I am looking for is the round one. I am going to check FF's HSOforum and maybe I can locate one there.

DrKen, I will shoot you an email for that info on HT enterpises.

cotfish, what is your email? I might be interested in that heater.

Neiko, if you head to strikemaster see what they have to say about this heater. FF's HSOforum does not show either way whether they still carry these nor does HT's HSOforum. There are not any FF's in the area that I live but I will be heading to the big fishing tourney in Brainerd on the 20th. There is a FF there I can check with.

Again, thanks everyone for the input. Good luck fishing! smile.gif

I have the 15000btu round one. I bought it a couple years ago at The Bobber Shop in mankato. I know that the bobber shop has a web site. You may want to do a search and see if they still carry them.

I was looking around for something else and found the paper work on the lazer heater I have. They are, or were made by:

Timberwolf H.L.T

po box 63

Phillips WI. 54555

PH. 715-339-6462

Hope this helps.

i have a 30k unit i got from lundeens last year and have installed it in my shack i have repolaced my now ten y/o handi heater that was 18 or 24k boith stat controled. i do have the owners manuel. not sure what kind of info you are in need of. drop me an e-mail [email protected] if you need any help. ... paul

Well, I got in touch with strikemaster and the heater has been discontinued. You guys were right the original manufacturer was Timberwolf HLT but that comapny has gone out of business. Lundeens in Onamia does have a 30,000 BTU model instock but none in the smaller sizes. I am only looking to heat an 8'x10' house. I wonder if some of the smaller units are still out on the market?

I have one and found out that they don't make them anymore. It is very nice to heat up some food on the top but it does take up a lot of space in the house. I cannot recomend to buy one as I you cannot find replacement parts. Direct vent seems to be the way to go but kinda of expensive.

I have the older sportsman model 30,000BTU's in my 8x12 and it has a thermostat. Works great. I know the one at Lundeens also has a thermostat and I thought it was a great buy. If you find an older one and need parts for it, they can be found at Waconia Farm Supply. They rebuilt mine completely about two years ago.

Thanks again to everyone who responded. With the information you all gave me I was able to locate a brand new unit at a local hardware store. Since these units are discontinued I better take care of it.

Happy fishing laugh.gif