• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tobin Lake

A friend of my father has fished here and has had good luck with big walleyes and northern. He as able to catch a 13lb wally and 20 lb northern last june. He has invited us to come. His luck obviously intrigues us...is it really worth the 16-18 hour drive from northeast SD? We catch many fish here in the 2-5 lb range (walleye) so our goal would be to catch trophy fish. Has anyone fished tobin or have any insight, advice, stories to help in our decision?

Thanks in advance.

Wasn't Tobin Lake the location where the world record walleye was caught through the ice last year or the year before? I remember seeing the photo of the big hawg and couldn't believe my eyes. I am not sure if the fish was released or not.

Nam

yes tobin is where the priest caught that big pig icefishing!!! If I had the chance i would go if i was able to. i have heard that tobin has many many trophy size walleye and northerns in it.......