• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buck Perry's Spoonplugging?

Scoot

I had to laugh when I saw that someone else would even heard of this book. I think I read this some time in the 70s so you will have to tell me what the copyright date is. Me and my dad use to have some of those spoonplugs but it was never a great fishing tool. Back then someone else had a nightcrawler secrets book that told you about putting air into the crawlers. Boy did we ever think that we were cutting edge.We also had a "Green Box" that we went in halves with and that was in 1971 or 72.Sorry to get off course but it brought back some fond memories. I don,t know if it is worth reading except to see how much things have changed.

Quote:

...Me and my dad use to have some of those spoonplugs but it was never a great fishing tool.

You're kidding right ? They were awesome !!! I lost ALL of mine on large fish. I wish I could get some more, I have to search hsolist every time to get any.....

Tie them to a GOOD line and hang on !!!!!

Valv I don,t think the problem was with the plug but the person at the other end of the pole grin.gif We were rookies at speed trolling- heck any type of trolling. If my dad was,nt able to drift we were done fishing for the most part.If I only knew then what I know now confused.gif

Buck's Book's are excellent. My dad actually went to a couple of his on the water seminars. I've caught countless fish on spoonplugs and still have them. Just remember the secret to catching fish is "speed and depth control". You notice I didn't mention color? My brother had perch, I had bullhead, my dad had a couple colors. Didn't seem to matter most days what you had on as far as catch rates. If you do a search for spoon plugging you'll find that Buck's son is still selling the stuff including the color coded no-bo line.

Good Luck!