• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

arrow suggestions

UNIT

I am looking at the easton epic or the axis as two arrows of interest. I have done research and was just looking pros/cons from anyone who can offer. Can anyone give me any insight on these two models?

Thanks

UNIT

I cannot give you all the pros and cons of each. If you would give Cabin Fever Sporting Goods a call and ask them they could tell you everything you would need to know without a big sales pitch and pressure to buy.

These guys are very helpfull.

Cabin Fever Sporting Goods.

Jeff or Dawn--1-952-443-2022

I think the epic is a slightly more accurate arrow.. Its thinner per weight. Both offer a .005 for straightness which is good. But the Epic has litteraly nothing for weight tollerances.. They are pretty much spot on while the axis allows for some weight tollerances.

The real question is, what do you want this arrow to do? Hunt? 3D? Target?.. I think an arrow is built for whats its job is.. much like a fishing rod is built for a job... One arrow can not do all.

So, what are you looking for?

hey deitz, al he wants is one that will hit the target! grin.gif

ok. dietz is right ! with the many different types,styles of carbons you need to decide how you will be using them, and as the guys have mentioned; go to a good shop and talk to them ! they can set you up with the right shaft .

Good hunting arrow= Usually heavier(more mass more penitration).. most hunting arrows are pretty tollerant on straightness and weight, but do not get to carried away.

Target arrows... are usually thicker(cut lines better) and lighter. A good target arrow will be much more expensive than a good hunting arrow as the tolerances for straightness are usually a lot higher on target arrows... 3D target arrows are usually a lot lighter.. while indoor target arrows are usually tanks!

If your off by an inch while hunting at 30 yards you still killed the animal.. if your off by an inch in target, it means a lot more.

Both arrows stated are decent arrows... I would consider them more a hunting arrow than a target arrow but could be used for either.

I shoot the Axis 340 only because that is what the guy was shooting when I purchased his bow. I took it into Cabin Fever and talked to them and they asked what I was going to use the bow for, hunting or target and I told them hunt and they told me it was a good all around arrow. It seems to perform well but, I'm no expert. Hope this helps.

The Epic and Axis are both good arrows. The Axis are extremely narrow and have the hidden insert technology. I'm not exactly sure yet what the point of that is but it' something that they have. The Epics are actually a pretty good arrow for the price, I think they usually go for around $35-40 where the Axis are around $50.

Thanks again guys for the educational information. I ended up going with a totally different brand (Carbon Express) arrow and think I will be pleased. I am going to dial in my new rest and shoot my new arrows tonight at the shop.

UNIT

I went with the maxima 350's. Still early to tell but so far I feel I have made a great choice. These new arrows combined with my new ripcord rest and things are feeling very good at the range. Hopefully things carry over into the field this spring or next fall.

UNIT

I have just switched over to carbons this year, and so far I like them.Killed two deer with them, and they target shoot well also.I bought a dozen for $65, which I thought was reasonable. Cabela's stuff usually seems to be good quality, so I thought I'd give them a "shot".

I purchased a dozen carbon Hunter arrows from them approx. 4 years ago. If I remember correctly I paid around 60.00 for them all ready to shoot. I still have them around somewhere. I shot them for awhile and they were ok. I remember that I had problems with the nocks and the fletching came loose a little. Overall, from my usage they were not to bad. I went back to my Easton arrows and I am still shooting them and the Beamans.

I realize that there is a pretty big difference in price from the Cabela ones I bought and the Eastons and Beamans I now shoot.

I would say you could use these arrows and still harvest a deer with them. I personally just didnt care for them and I really cannot remember exactly why.