• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver lake in Columbia heights

skunkt

I used to take my kids fishing on Silver Lake, when I lived in nearby New Brighton. I'm sure there are larger walleyes in the pond, if you can find them when they're active...

About eight years ago, Tom Gruenwald published a book called "Hooked on Ice Fishing III: Game Fish", which included a chapter on how to find and catch walleyes in small lakes. Gruenwald has a fisheries management degree from Wisconsin and is/was the product development guy for HT Enterprises, the ice fishing equipment manufacturer. In less than 40 pages, he tells you exactly what you have to do, and I've never read a better or more concise summary.

The book is available at the Columbia Heights public library, if you're interested.

Good luck.

I still see one or two houses on this lake nearly every weekend. I have fished it a few times the past couple years. The pannies are small...never caught one over 7"...and it seems to shut down just after dark this time of year. Any reports of late??