• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Draft time...Who do vikings start considering?

Born2Fish

Unfortunately i dont think C Johnson will be there at #7 with all the stuff i've been hearing. Oddly enough i've seen 2 mock drafts already that had Ginn Jr and D Jarrett going around #17-19. Both had Ginn above Jarrett. This goes against the talk i was hearing earlier about Jarrett being a top 10 guy.

Ginn will wind up being a glorified punt returner in my opinion. He is just learning to run routes and how to be a reciever. He was recruited as a cb and played there for his first two years.

The NFL doesn't usually take the time to teach players how to play a position they are supposed to know how before they get into the league.

That being said Jarrett is a much better and safer pick as he is a proven and experienced reciever.

I do think that #7 is to high for either of these two prospects.

I hope we trade up to get Johnson or trade down three or four picks and get Jarrett and an extra pick in the second or third round. If we trade down and get an extra pick in the second or third we can pickup another reciever or Tight end. I'm thinking Miller at TE or Rice at WR.

I'm hoping Childress lets his scouts have a say in the draft this year because last year was a bit shaky. To many reaches for guys they could have got a round or three later.

Quote:

It is a very poor year for free agent WR's so the draft is really the only way to get a top WR by most accounts.

Yeah, I heard the top WR UFA was Drew Bennett. Yuck. Draft another Moss minus the attitude and weed. I'd like to see the Vikes get Spaeth in rounds 3 or 4. Package a trade to the Cardinals for Larry Fitzgerald. His dad says he wants to play here.

Even if you think our TE's aren't great, they are at least serviceable. Wiggins makes a lot of catches and there is no better run blocking tight end than Kleinsasser. With all our GLARING needs, I just can't fathom why you guys keep talking tight end?????????????? confused.gif

The more and more i keep thinking about it i think Jarrett will be the best pick we can do. Most mock drafts I have taken a look at have us either picking Jarrett or Ginn. Sure Childress has a "streak" of not taking WR's, but with that glaring need I think its our obvious pick. Word is outta philly is that Garcia wants to test the free agent market. And alot of the sportscasters say he would be a good fit in Minnesota. Like it or not, but that almost sounds like a good option. Draft him a wr and let Jackson sit at least another year to learn behind him. Draft a DE second round and then go for ability beyond that. Id love to see Fitzgerald in a MN uniform, but im not sure that would happen.

i'd say get wiggins off of the team he is terrible. look for some one who is atleast built and has descent speed. not saying wiggins isn't fast, he just cant seem to get things done. when they are on 3rd and they dump it off to wiggins he is soo slow that the dbacks are already coming up to make the plays when he is 4 yards short of the first down. they need to get some one with quick feet and some agility at the TE spot.

I see everybody already has the Vikes pegged for a WR with that high first rd pick. The only WR that is worthy of that selection appears to be Calvin Johnson and he will be gone... so does that mean we take a WR that is rated as being picked around 2oth or so (Jarrett) or do what do what "most" teams do and pick the best available player? I'm going with this scenario, if Brady Quinn is available he is a Minnesota Viking! TJ did very little to inspire confidence in anybody. I know it takes time to develop players, but as excited as I was to see TJ do well, he was a letdown... 3 first downs vs Packers and then the Rams home game in the dome... he was bad.

P.S. If they take Ted "all I can do is run str8) Ginn, I will cry!