• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Augers - Ratings

EJW

Quote:

I have to agree with everything that Pierbridge said. I have been to Big Lake many times to get friends/relatives strikemasters fixed and they are very nice people and take care of things right away. On the other hand I have never seen my Jiffy repair shop because I HAVENT HAD TOO! My Jiffy is 19 years old and all I have done is replace the blade once or twice.

Yeah, where is that repair shop? Of course I've only had my Jiffy for 15 years, still pretty new. grin.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second the eskimo, love it. Price, reliability can't beat it. I have seen guyscrank on those mags and others. And in 4 years, I have never pulled more than 3 times. and nice easy pulls at that. I know I would like to run a nils to see how they work, I haven't ever seen one. I know many would disagree; but personally I would never purchase a over priced p.o.s. w/ a well known name.

I have an old Eskimo sportsman, I think it is 12 or thirteen years old. When I bought it it came with a 8" auger.

Two years ago I bought the 10" Baracuda attachment. Overall it has been a very reliable auger, never had a lick of problems with it. However, I have a bad habit of pulling downward when I pull on the Rip cord. I have finally cut a hole through the gas tank from the rope.

I still use it, but I have noticed in this very thick ice, I wish it would cut just a bit faster.

I am seriuosly looking to buy a new Eskimo Shark, with the chain saw motor and 8,000 rpms. It is no doubt the fastest cutting auger out there.