• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Navionics ??

Stratosman

Question

Okay, I have always had Lakemaster chips, but this year my wife bought me a Navionics premium map for Xmas, is the zoom range much less than the Lakemasters? It seems that I can only zoom into as close as 1/8NM, that seems alot less closer than Lakemaster allows. Or is there a setting or something that I am missing in that regard? I havn't had it im my boat GPS as of yet but playing around with it in a H20c...does that make a diff?

Thanks,

Scott

6 answers to this question

check out the navionics thread in the sponsors showcase forum right below the ice fishing forum. That may answer a few of your questions, also Jeff and Shweady can answer pretty much any questions you have about the software. (Jeff works for navionics, and schweady has just plain done his homework.)

Good luck

Stratosman - Nav chip does not zoom in as close as LM, I think Nav is 1/8 or 1/10 of a mile or something like that, whereas LM is a couple hundreths of a mile. It's a very noticable difference. Your H2O and boat gps will be the same, the zoom is determined by the chip, not by the gps.

bluebill - check on-line at lowrance's site or lakemaster's site to be sure, but I don't think the x-15 is compatable with the newer chips