• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Graph with LCD screen for icefishing?

sparky88

hi

I posted this a week or so ago, the rest of it can be read in the ice fishing forum called Veilar FL20 or FL18 which is on the 2nd ice fishing forum page at the moment.

hope it helps

I believe fish graphs are a must on the ice, it can help you cut out a lot of bad water in a hurry, but I much prefer my Lowrance X67 to a flash graph of any type. Not saying flash graphs don’t work, but there is a lot better technologies on the market these days. Ill take a digitally enhanced graph with a large easy to read display over a flash graph any time. best of all it shows a time history on the graph, which helps identify fish and lures, with this feature you can afford to take your eye off the graph for a bit and not lose track of what’s going on, your buddy can take over your hole and know what’s been happening for the last 20 seconds at one glance of the screen. If you think it’s easy to see your lure and fish on your graph wait until you come out fishing with me and watch my graph. Then tell me which one is easier to read, understand, control. Sorry but flash graphs have been the only reliable ice fishing graph for so long, and have such a large following and word of mouth sales force that I don’t think anyone takes the time to look at what else is on the market. Even the salesman at the store tried to talk me out of buying the Lowrance in favor of a flash graph.

I was just out fishing a few weeks ago with my dad (he hates electronics of all types, thinks they’re a gimmick, and has a hard time operating and understanding them) and brother, my dad took one look at my Lowrance in action and turned around and told my uncle (who was looking to get a graph) to buy it. I will say this about flash graphs, they do work, and every time I see one, I think back to when I was a little kid watching my grandpa’s flash graph mounted in his boat 25 years ago.

I have worked with top of the line sonar systems most every day for the last 10 years.

Resume

United States Navy, Submariner, Sonar tech, 5 years

Deep-Sea Robotics, ROV Supervisor, 5 years and still going

After using both the Vexilar FL-8 and the Lowrance x67C, I'll take the Lowarance any day. And to be clear, the x67C has a TFT screen, not an LCD. The difference being the TFT screen has a diode for each pixel, which creates heat, eliminating the slow down you would see with an LCD.