• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
namtkd1

Fireside Lodge

My brother and I are looking to go Fireside Lodge in Sioux Lookout this coming May. Has anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks,

Nam

be prepared to pay 2 to 3 times more then you should for a stay in Canada.....great lake for Muskies though

Ditto Musky Brian- Place is nice, but WAY overpriced. If $ is not an issue for you, go for it. If you are going to spend that kind of ching, might as well do a fly-in, IMO.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I am considering all the options as I was at the All Canada Show this past weekend and was looking into a decent lodge that's not too overpriced. I took a couple trips on my annual Canadian fishing trip to Rowan Lake the last couple years for lake trout and really liked it there, but this season I am looking for big smallmouth. Any suggestions?

Nam

Hi Nam,

I saw you walking around the show this past weekend, I was in booths 113 with Camp Manitou and 115 with Happy Landing Lodge. I sent you and e-mail, if you didn't get it just reply to this post. I'm sure we could meet your canadian fishing needs between the 2 resorts.

Matt

If you are focusing on Smallies you probably don't have to drive that far into Canada. I know the Atikokan area is loaded with smallies, Camp Quetico on Eva Lake is one example I can think of.

I have caught my biggest bass on Eagle Lake, there are some footballs swimming around in there.

Just curious, why not just fish LOW for Smallies? I only fish them casually as a diversion from Walleye fishing but I've heard that LOW is one of the best Smallie fisheries around.

Fireside is on a series of lakes that are catch and release and have been protected for many years. Some of the lakes in the chain require you to portage in or get out of your boat. I have heard that the small mouth action is incredible.

I will be leaving for Fireside tomorrow morning. I am bringing a fly rod to see if I can entice a smallmouth or pike to take a bug off the surface! Will post photos and a full report when I get back.

My brother and I just returned from a wonderful trip up at Fireside Lodge in Sioux Lookout in Ontario. We caught plenty of football-shaped smallmouth, northerns, and 7 muskies. The bass in the lake fed well on the perch and every one of them had a huge belly to them! We caught most of our fish twitching and pausing Husky Jerks. The topwater bite for smallies in the evening rocked! The drive was long from Minneapolis but the Highway 502 stretch going to Dryden made it worthwhile when we encountered a moose walking across the road, a few deer along the ditch, and a young black bear walking along side the road. It was also the first time we've seen rock formations in shape of a human form from early travelers to inform other travelers that the road is safe to travel. That was a cool to see!

Here are some photos from our trip!

Fireside1.jpg

Fireside2.jpg

Fireside3.jpg

Fireside4.jpg

Fireside5-5.jpg

Fireside5.jpg

Smallmouth and northern pike season is open year round. The musky season is open on the third weekend in June up in Ontario. We were fishing for northerns using #12 Husky Jerk and small Mepps spinners. We got several nice northerns and landed a few muskies in the process. The fish always seemed to hit on the pause. Lots of fun!

I can confirm about bass season. Just looked at the MNR site for Ontario and the northwestern corner has a year round season.

By the way, nice fish; wish it was me.

Tman