• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bassislife

Quality Rod choices

Does anyone have any suggestions on any good quality rods other than St. Croix? Any info. would be helpful. Thanks!

Thanks. I've heard thorne bros. multiple times before and I will look more into them now. Whats their HSOforum?

I'm not sure you can find a thorne rod that you will not love. I have a couple of them. I do not have the spring bobber rod, so I cant help you there.. but I would be willing to bet its a good one!

I bought a thorne bros spring bobber rod this fall and they rock. I have tried other spring bobbers and this one rules. If you want to try on I would go see Matt Johnson at their store.

For sure get a thorne bros. I dont have one,but have used friends there the best most sensitve rod you can get.I plan on buying many of them next yrear

(I love st. croix to)

You can just purchase the spring and it will work on any of these rods; Sweetheart, Sweet Thing, Sweet Pea and Finesse Plus rods.

The rods are great, have 12 of them and plan on getting a few more soon!

Another vote for Thorne Brothers here. St. Croix quality is poor. My $30 Berkley rods have better quality.

How much is a thorne bros rod with a spring bobber tip? I have the St. Croix with the spring tip and love the spring, but am mediocre on the rod. Is it the same type of spring tip as the St. Croix?

I just bought a panfish finesse w/ reel, and line for I believe was $69. They had the whole set up on the display when I bought it before Thanksgiving. I think the spring bobber cost another 6 bucks.

Forgot to tell you to buy the threader for the spring bobber, or you may never get it through the bobber in the cold. I think that was like 2 bucks.

There are two options for the Thorne Bros spring bobber now... Panfish and Perch. The Perch is slightly heavier and designed for 1/8oz category lures. An excellent option for smaller jigging spoons and larger panfish jigs... I like them for light-biting catfish too smile.gif

www.ThorneBros.com is the website.

Depending on your style of fishing, there are rods designed for both inside and outside the portable. The outside rods have slightly larger guides that are made of alconite, which helps prevent freeze-up. Typically the handle is longer too, but you can get whatever handle you like. A great option for runnnig and gunning out on the ice...

Stop in the store if you're every in the Fridley area. I'm always up for chatting with fellow ice fishing die hards smile.gif

I have many brands of ice rods. Thorne is definitely the best, especially combining it with a Tica reel.

Matt I got a qustion for you. I think it was on this site. I saw a handle for a pole that was like all cork but still had reel seats, is that thorne bros. If it is can you post a pic.

Crappie Kid,

Look in the Sponsor Showcase section for a thread called "New Thorne Brothers Handle". I may have to pick one of these up they are nice.