• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4 wheeler attachment

Axel's

Question

8 answers to this question

Are you talking about something that will hold a 5 gal pail with fish, or just 1 large monster of a fish? If just one fishhh I will have to agree with the last post, and want to knnow where that guy is fishing. They sell the attachments for pails at shade tree in Big Lake, or over the net at their web site.

A word of caution - you may overload the rear springs with this kind of set up. I made a rack that I could carry my Otter size house for the back of my Sportsman 400. I did this so I would not have to trailer my ATV and could just carry everything in the pickup. It worked, but it overloaded the rear springs. Eventually, they were pretty sacked out and I ended up replacing them. Now, I tow my fish house.

If you were to place this wieght further behind on a receiever type mount, the levering action may help to wear out the springs even quicker.

That would make for a squirrely handling ATV. My idea is to go to a rack extension, something that would make the rear rack wide enough to accomodate the house...And still keep much of the weight over the wheels. Unless they want to counter balance the front with weight...?