• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LIGHTS, CAMARA,- NO ACTION

Minnetonka

I just started using a camera this year. During the day, it is great and I see fish and catch them. At night, I can see with the lights on even with the back scatter from junk in the water, but the fish do not bite. I primary target walleyes this time of year. Do people catch walleyes at night with camera lights on??? I have a Aqua-Vu Scout II.

Thanks.

I have the new Spectral Response lights on an Aqua-Vu Scout II. I can see at best about 2 feet at night. You can make out your jig and minnow, but there is some back scatter from drifting debris in the water. you can see small microorganisms swimming right in front of the camera lens. I suspect the camera is a far better day time tool. Does anyone use it at night for walleyes successfully?

I agree. At nighttime, there pretty much worthless. All you can see are the organisms and "floaties" in the water. No company makes a camera with decent nighttime viewing abilities. During the day though, they're pretty sweet.

After reading the responses to this post and going to the Walleye forum to read those posts, I have decided that I will shut the camera and lights off when fishing for eyes at night. But what about Crappies. Has anyone had any experience with cameras and lights and crappies at night??

I own the OVS 560 from marcum. Yes you can see at night, but you won't use it at night because the fish will spook. Once the walleyes see the light, it's like they've seen a ghost and depart quickly. Great camera during the day and into dusk, but after the sun has set, put it away and go with the lx-5.

I've used a camera at night fishing for crappies. They don't seemed to get spooked much at all because we continued to catch them just as well with the camera on. That's been my experiences with crappies and the camera.

Quote:

I've used a camera at night fishing for crappies. They don't seemed to get spooked much at all because we continued to catch them just as well with the camera on. That's been my experiences with crappies and the camera.

This has been my experience too with the sunnies.